Dr. Patrick Lester is a radiologist practicing in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Dr. Lester specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
Univ of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Internship 1966
Washington Univ School of Medicine Residency 1970
Washington Univ School of Medicine Pediatric Radiology Fellowship 1971
American Board of Radiology- Diagnostic Radiology
Patrick D. Lester's Expert Contributions
Children are not little adults so there is much difference in doing imaging exams on them beyond just adjusting the dose of the minimal radiation used to do X-rays and CT scans. The Society for Pediatric Radiology, to which most Pediatric Radiologists belong, initiated a program to which most quality hospital and outpatient imaging centers subscribe, Imaging Gently. The point is that radiation doses and the different views be only those necessary to get a diagnostic exam. Beyond these common sense measures, careful consideration should be given as to which exam is best, taking into mind whether the answer can be achieved without radiation at all. For instance, ultrasound rather CT for some abdominal problems. Or MRI rather than CT for head and neck problems. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Development Touchstone Medical Imaging 2018 - 2018
- CEO and President Servant Medical Imaging 1992 - 2017
- Professor and Chairman ORU School of Medicine 1981 - 1989
- Chief of Pediatric Radiology Univof Utah School of Med 1971 - 1981
- Instructor, Pediatric Rad Wash Univ Med, St Louis 1970 - 1971
- ACR; SPR; RSNA; STR; ISMRI: CMS; ISPR; OSRS; OSMA
- University of Texas
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Jesus Film Project Devpt Board;
- OSMA Board of Trustees
- Mallingroft Institute of Radiology, Pediatric Radiology
Professional Society Memberships
- Radiological Society of North America, Radiology Outreach Foundation
Articles and Publications
- Published a Biography on Native American Paintings
What do you attribute your success to?
- The Grace of God, Hard work
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking, Gardening, Painters
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America at Southwestern Regional Medical Center ( Tulsa, OK )
Patrick D. Lester's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Patrick D. Lester | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Patrick D. Lester's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Timothy A. Lind M.D.4111 South Darlington Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74135
- Anna L. Homsey MD1923 S Utica Ave Tulsa OK 74104
- Timothy Todd Mccay DO744 W 9th St Tulsa OK 74127
- Donald Von borstel D.O.12533 E 83rd St N Owasso OK 74055
- Michael Connor Cross M.D.3026 N Harvey Pkwy Oklahoma City OK 73103
- Philip J Traino D.O.4111 S Darlington Ave Tulsa OK 74135