Dr. Keun-Young Kim practices Neurological Surgery in Laguna Hills, California. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Kim prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Keck School of Medicine- University of Southern California
American Board of Neurological Surgery- Neurological Surgery
- The acute cerebrovascular event: surgical and other interventional therapies.
- Magnetic resonance image-based morphological predictors of single photon emission computed tomography-positive facet arthropathy in patients with axial back pain.
- Anesthetic considerations in the treatment of cervical myelopathy.
- Classification of posterior dynamic stabilization devices.
- Dynamic intraspinous spacer technology for posterior stabilization: case-control study on the safety, sagittal angulation, and pain outcome at 1-year follow-up evaluation.
- Correction of late traumatic thoracic and thoracolumbar kyphotic spinal deformities using posteriorly placed intervertebral distraction cages.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California at San Francisco -
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2000
- LAC+USC Medical Center
- University of California (Spine)
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Support from her Hospital and her Training and Mentors
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time with Family
Favorite professional publications
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons Journal
- Mission Hospital
- Saddleback Memorial Hospital
Dr. Keun-Young Anthony Kim M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Keun-Young Anthony Kim M.D. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Keun-Young Anthony Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Dr. Farzad Massoudi M.D.23961 Calle De La Magdalena Laguna Hills CA 92653
- Dr. Ronald F. Young M.D2200 Lynn Road Thousand Oaks California 91360
- Dr. Robert J Jackson M.D.23961 Calle De La Magdalena Laguna Hills CA 92653
- Peyman Tabrizi Other999 N Tustin Ave Santa Ana CA 92705
- Dr. Hector Wanhow Ho MD1010 W La Veta Ave # 710 Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Sylvain Palmer MD26732 Crown Valley Pkwy Mission Viejo CA 92691