Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)71380 Highway 21 Suite 104 Covington Louisiana, 70433
Thuc B. Tran, MD, FACOG, is the owner of private obgyn facility located in Covington, Louisiana. Dr. Tran is a highly skilled OBGYN having the distinguished title, Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and Board certification in the field of medicine. Practicing for over a decade, Dr. Tran has had the honor of several awards as recognition for her outstanding work and achievements with patients; as well as acting as the Chairman in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in North Oaks Hospital. Dr. Tran is passionate about offering the most current and state-of-the-art medicine to her patients, and does so through her memberships with various associations; including the Southern Medical Association and the Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University Health Center
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1999
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- OBGYN
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Chairman, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North Oaks Hospital
- PIC committee: implementation of Electronic Medical Records into North Oaks Hospital. 11/2012-5/2014
- Schlegel Award for Excellence in Research, Tulane Health Sciences Center, 2003
- First Place Award: Fellow Scientific Oral Presentation for abstract presented at American College of
- First Place Award: Organon Excellence in Research 2004
- Blood and Pathology Committee, North Oaks Hospital, 1/2007 - 2009
- Second Place Award: Fellow Scientific Oral Presentation for abstract presented at American College of OB/GYN District VII in 2001
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Tulane Health Science Center
- Tulane Health Science Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Southern Medical Association, Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons, Louisiana State Medical Society
- AMERICAN COLLEGE OF OB/GYN (ACOG)
Articles and Publications
- One Publication, in the Journal of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
I am a people person. I enjoy listening and talking to my patients as well as taking care of each one of them.
Areas of research
Teaching and speaking
Volunteer Professor at Tulane Health Science Center Department of OB/GYN
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Swimming, snorkeling, tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journ al
Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.'s Practice location
Covington, Louisiana 70433Get Direction
GARDEN GROVE, CA 92844Get Direction
Hammond, LA 70403Get Direction
Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tran
- Natural Compound in Garlic May Help Fight Ovarian Cancer
Dating all the way back to 5000 years ago, garlic has been used in food and as medicine, exhibiting nutritional and medicinal value. In fact, it was the Greek physician Hippocrates, also known as the “Father of Western Medicine”, who recommended the use of garlic for a variety of conditions and...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are small, fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of the ovaries. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm to the person, while some may cause pain or bleed. Cysts usually resemble a small bubble with central fluid surrounded by a thin wall. Cysts may develop in women of...
- Autism and Fetal Environment: New Advancements in Research
The fetal development environment can be affected by factors in nature and changes both indoors and outdoors. Consider the complexity of the human body and the fact that it’s all taking place within another human being—it’s overwhelming.Such a complex creation is created within another being,...
- How Can Multiple Myeloma Affect My Bones?
What is Multiple Myeloma?Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer that is also known as hematologic cancer. It is characterized by the uncontrollable multiplication of a certain population of plasma cells (also known as malignant plasma cells, or myeloma cells). Plenty of similar antibodies, known as...
- Gastrointestinal Pain in Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a common gynecological problem affecting women in their reproductive age. It never occurs before puberty and it usually resolves after menopause.Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by the growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. There are two...
- Dr. Hadar Waldman MD104 Innwood Dr Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Vicki Lynn Steen MD77 Starbrush Circle Covington LA 70433
- Mr. Craig M Landwehr MD71380 Highway 21 Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Chevies Wayne Newman M.D.215 E. Gibson St. Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Rachael S Cresap MD104 Innwood Dr Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Beatrice S. Desper M.D.1120 N Causeway Blvd Mandeville LA 70471