Thuc B. Tran, MD, FACOG, is the owner of private obgyn facility located in Covington, Louisiana. Dr. Tran is a highly skilled OBGYN having the distinguished title, Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and Board certification in the field of medicine. Practicing for over a decade, Dr. Tran has had the honor of several awards as recognition for her outstanding work and achievements with patients; as well as acting as the Chairman in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in North Oaks Hospital. Dr. Tran is passionate about offering the most current and state-of-the-art medicine to her patients, and does so through her memberships with various associations; including the Southern Medical Association and the Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University Health Center
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1999
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- OBGYN
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Chairman, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North Oaks Hospital
- PIC committee: implementation of Electronic Medical Records into North Oaks Hospital. 11/2012-5/2014
- Schlegel Award for Excellence in Research, Tulane Health Sciences Center, 2003
- First Place Award: Fellow Scientific Oral Presentation for abstract presented at American College of
- First Place Award: Organon Excellence in Research 2004
- Blood and Pathology Committee, North Oaks Hospital, 1/2007 - 2009
- Second Place Award: Fellow Scientific Oral Presentation for abstract presented at American College of OB/GYN District VII in 2001
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Tulane Health Science Center
- Tulane Health Science Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Southern Medical Association, Society for Laparoscopic Surgeons, Louisiana State Medical Society
- AMERICAN COLLEGE OF OB/GYN (ACOG)
Articles and Publications
- One Publication, in the Journal of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
I am a people person. I enjoy listening and talking to my patients as well as taking care of each one of them.
Areas of research
Teaching and speaking
Volunteer Professor at Tulane Health Science Center Department of OB/GYN
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Swimming, snorkeling, tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journ al
- Cypress Pointe Hospital
Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.'s Practice location
Covington, Louisiana 70433Get Direction
GARDEN GROVE, CA 92844Get Direction
Hammond, LA 70403Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Thuc B. Tran M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tran
- How do I Manage Morning Sickness?
Morning sickness refers to the nausea and vomiting experienced during pregnancy. Morning sickness is very common during the first trimester, but in some cases, it may extend throughout the period of the pregnancy. Although the condition is called morning sickness, it can affect an expectant mother...
- Is Cervical Cancer a Preventable Disease?
Cervical cancer is probably one of the most common forms of cancer in young women. Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which connects the uterus and the vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while the ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases...
- Birth Control Patch: Pros and Cons
What is a birth control patch?The birth control patch is a safe, simple, and affordable method of birth control. It is a transdermal patch used as a method of contraception, which can be worn on the skin of the upper arm, belly, buttocks, or back. The patch is usually changed every week for three...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Natural Compound in Garlic May Help Fight Ovarian Cancer
Dating all the way back to 5000 years ago, garlic has been used in food and as medicine, exhibiting nutritional and medicinal value. In fact, it was the Greek physician Hippocrates, also known as the “Father of Western Medicine”, who recommended the use of garlic for a variety of conditions and...
- Am I Pregnant?
Did you miss or have a delayed period? One of the most significant and common symptoms of pregnancy is missed periods. The most reliable way to tell whether you are pregnant or not is the pregnancy test. In addition, there are many other symptoms experienced during the early stages of pregnancy.The...
- Dr. Hadar Waldman MD121 Lakeview Cir Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Rachael S Cresap MD104 Innwood Dr Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Chevies Wayne Newman M.D.907 S Harrison St Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Vicki Lynn Steen MD77 Starbrush Circle Covington LA 70433
- Mr. Craig M Landwehr MD71380 Highway 21 Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Beatrice S. Desper M.D.1120 N Causeway Blvd Mandeville LA 70471