Dr. Muhammad Anwar is an expert anesthesiologist having over 29 years of experience in his field. He is a board certified Anesthesiologist from American Board of Anesthesiology and his areas of expertise are Anesthesiology and Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia. Dr. Anwar currently practices at Manchester Memorial Hospital in Manchester, Connecticut, affiliated with Rockville General Hospital. Dr. Anwar received his education from University of Medicine and Pharmacy Bucharest, Romania in 1985 followed by Internship In Surgery at Louisiana State University Schooof Medicine in New orleans and residency at Texas Tech University School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas and fellowships in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia from University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida and Ambutatory Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine IN New Haven, Connecticut.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Bucharest
American Board of Anesthesiology- Anesthesiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Resident of the month Award, Texas Tech university, 2001
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellent teaching of Medical students, Texas Tech university
- Most outstanding resident of the year, Texas Teach university2001
- Who,s Who national Register,s in Excutive and Professionals 2004-2005
- Outstanding contribution to Science award, Tulane University 1998
- Resident scholar award by ASA and Abbott 2000
- University of Miami - Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia
Professional Society Memberships
- Connecticut Society of Anesthesiology, New England Society of Anesthesiology
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends
Dr. Muhammad Anwar MD's Practice location
GUILFORD, CT 06437Get Direction
Dr. Muhammad Anwar MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Overweight Kids Lose Weight When Their Parents Do
According to a new study published in the journal, Obesity, overweight kids lose weight when their parents try to lose weight. About 80 overweight or obese children and their parents were studied and found that when the parents lost a unit in their body mass index (BMI) their children lost a...
- The Different Stages of Bladder Cancer
What Are the Different Stages of Bladder Cancer?When coming up with a suitable treatment process with a doctor, you begin by staging your disease. Staging bladder cancer is one of the most critical factors considered when making decisions on treatment options. Your health care providers use...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Heidi M Boules M.D.333 CEDAR STREET NEW HAVEN CT 06510
- Dr. Brenda C. McClain MD20 YORK ST NEW HAVEN CT 06510
- Ildiko E. Toth51 South Main Street Middletown Connecticut 06457
- Dr. Yasser Shaheen MD677 S Main St Cheshire CT 06410
- Dr. Ala Haddadin MD20 York St New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. Michael J. Cerullo M.D.80 S Main St Middletown CT 06457