Cataract & Implant Surgery
Laser Vision Correction
Corneal Transplant Surgery
Cornea and Ocular Surface Disease
Education and Training
Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Chicago
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1982
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1982
American Board of Ophthalmology- Ophthalmology; Certified in Massachusetts
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Appeared on Connie Chung's Eye To Eye, CNN, and Public Broadcasting -
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School -
- Honor Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Best Doctors in America, 2002-2014
- Best Doctors in Boston, 2002-2014
- Top Ophthalmologist, Boston Magazine
- Trusted LASIK Surgeons 2008-2014
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor in America 2014
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Johns Hopkins Hosp, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Internal Medicine
- University of Chicago Program
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (Cornea, External Disease, Refractive Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Wilmer Residents Association, Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Society of Heed Fellows, Massachusetts Medical Society, New England Ophthalmological Society, Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
Articles and Publications
Areas of research
Investigator on Studies on radial and astigmatic keratotomy, LASIK, corneal transplants, cataracts, etc.
- Masschusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Beverly Hospital
- Tufts Medical Center
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Peter A. Rapoza MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Peter A. Rapoza MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Peter A. Rapoza MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Dr. Nilesh M. Sheth M.D., MPH3 Woodland Road Stoneham Massachusetts 02180
- Dr. Johanna M. Seddon MD800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111
- Dr. Robin F. Steinberg MD172 Cambridge St. Burlington Massachusetts 01803
- Mrs. Kathryn L Masselam hatch M.D.1601 Trapelo Rd Waltham MA 02451
- Dr. Helen Rego Moreira M.D.123 Summer St Worcester MA 01604
- Dr. Pedram Hamrah M.D.800 Washington St Boston MA 02111