Seung Shin Hahn, MD, maintains a position on staff with SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital, where he specializes in radiation oncology. Dr. Hahn was recognized in 2013 with a Teaching Award from SUNY UPstate for his outstanding work in the Radiation Oncology Department. Dr. Hahn was educated in his native country, at the Seoul National University College of Medicine and completed a residency at the University of Virginia. Over the course of his career, he attained Board certified in radiation oncology, and is a professional member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology. Dr. Hahn, in his spare time, offers his care on staff of Crouse Hospital.
Education and Training
Seoul National University College of Medicine
Seoul Natl Univ- Coll Of Med- Chongno-Ku- Seoul- So Korea 1976
Seoul National University College of Medicine 1976
American Board of Radiology- Radiation Oncology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, Radiation Oncology, SUNY Upstate Medical University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Teaching Award from Radiation Oncology Department, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2013
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Oral Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- University of Virginia Program
- University of Virginia
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for the Medical Field, Research, Finding Cures, Making a Difference
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Reading, Traveling, Teaching, Singing
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D. | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hahn
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Women Are Suffering Due to Lack of Genetic Testing
There is a gene test that can help prevent and treat ovarian cancer with more success. This test is known as the BRCA gene test, which identifies a mutation that results in a dysfunctional enzyme whose job it to correct DNA mutations.Because cancer is due to mutations leading to unchecked tumor...
- 5 Tips on Living with Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma, is a malignant lung tumor depicted by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. If left untreated, this growth can spread beyond the lung by the process of metastasis into nearby tissue or other parts of the body.The following are 5 tips on...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Testicular Cancer?
Cancer is an unhealthy condition in which the cells of a part of the body rapidly divide and thrive without an apparent cause. These abnormally growing germ cells clump together, forming a buildup of tissue called a tumor that sets it apart from normal healthy tissue. When this happens in the...
- Dr. Ajeet Gajra MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Gloria Joan Morris MD1190 5th Ave New York NY 10029
- Dr. Sam Benjamin M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Anthony J Scalzo M.D.5008 Brittonfield Pkwy East Syracuse NY 13057
- Dr. Namita Chittoria M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Joseph M Navone M.D.5008 Brittonfield Pkwy East Syracuse NY 13057