Seung Shin Hahn, MD, maintains a position on staff with SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital, where he specializes in radiation oncology. Dr. Hahn was recognized in 2013 with a Teaching Award from SUNY UPstate for his outstanding work in the Radiation Oncology Department. Dr. Hahn was educated in his native country, at the Seoul National University College of Medicine and completed a residency at the University of Virginia. Over the course of his career, he attained Board certified in radiation oncology, and is a professional member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology. Dr. Hahn, in his spare time, offers his care on staff of Crouse Hospital.
Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Seoul National University College of Medicine
Seoul Natl Univ- Coll Of Med- Chongno-Ku- Seoul- So Korea 1976
Seoul National University College of Medicine 1976
American Board of Radiology- Radiation Oncology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, Radiation Oncology, SUNY Upstate Medical University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Teaching Award from Radiation Oncology Department, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 2013
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Oral Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for the Medical Field, Research, Finding Cures, Making a Difference
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Reading, Traveling, Teaching, Singing
Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Seung (Francis) Shin Hahn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hahn
- What OB-GYNs Wish Their Patients Knew about Ovarian Cancer
There are numerous things OB-GYN providers want their patients to know about ovarian cancer.For instance, that it is somewhat rare, but deadly. It ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women. Due primarily to the diagnostic issues noted below, about 70% of women are unfortunately in the most advanced...
- BPA from Soup Cans Shown to Increase Risk for Breast and Prostate Cancer
A new study has shown that having a 12-ounce serving of canned soup a day for five days can lead to a 1000% increase in the amount of bisphenol A (BPA), a controversial chemical, in urine. BPA is a chemical used in the manufacturing of metal food and beverage cans. The study does not show how this...
- The Right Nutritional Methods to Consider During Cancer Treatment
Getting the right nutrition during cancer treatment is very important, as the body goes through two hardships simultaneously – cancer and treatment. The body needs vitamins, minerals, and nutrition to remain young and active. Unfortunately, most of cancer treatments affects the patients eating...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- Estrogen Modulator for Breast Cancer
Hormone Receptor Breast CancerThere are certain types of breast cancer that are mostly affected by the hormones that are produced by the body. They are known as ER positive and PR positive breast cancer cells. These cells have receptors that are attached to the estrogen in the body. This estrogen...
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Lesley Murphy Shares Picture After Double Mastectomy
At the age of 29, Lesley Murphy was making a living by traveling around the world and sharing her experiences on her blog called ‘The Road Les Traveled’. However, her travels were put to a halt when the travel blogger and Bachelor Alum tested positive for a gene that linked her with a high risk...
- Dr. Ajeet Gajra MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Gloria Joan Morris MD750 E ADAMS ST SYRACUSE NY 13210
- Mrs. Merima Ramovic-zobic D.O.750 E ADAMS ST SYRACUSE NY 13210
- Dr. Namita Chittoria M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Haider Ali Khadim M.D750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Sam Benjamin M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210