Afshin Ehsan M.D.
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology2 Dudley Street Suite 360 Providence Rhode Island, 02905
Afshin Ehsan, MD, maintains a position at University Surgical Associates located in the Providence region of Rhode Island. University Surgical Associates is Rhode Island's largest multidisciplinary surgical group, providing state of the art care to Southern New England and having influenced care of national and international referrals. Dr. Ehsan is a cardiac surgeon of over 10 years, speaking around the world to colleagues on his expertise. Dr. Ehsan has contributed several medical articles over the course of his career; also holding several memberships with medical organizations that promote continued learning in his field.
Education and Training
University of Southern California
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1994
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of California, San Diego 1994
- University of California, San Diego 2000
- Brigham and Women's Hospital 2002
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Fellow 1997
- University of California at San Diego
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Heart Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Heart Valve Society of America, Society for Heart Valve Disease
Articles and Publications
- Articles Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Dedication
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Time with Family, Enjoying Music and Live Concerts
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Afshin Ehsan M.D.'s Practice location
Providence, Rhode Island 02905Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02111Get Direction
Afshin Ehsan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ehsan
- What Causes Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden cardiac arrest is one of the most common causes of death due to cardiac diseases. Sudden cardiac arrest refers to the sudden loss of heart function, resulting in death. It is different from a heart attack in that the latter is caused by a blockage in one of the vessels that supplies the walls...
- What is Cardiac Ablation?
Cardiac ablation is a procedure used for atrial fibrillation (a-fib) treatment, which is an irregular beating of the heart. Doctors may recommend the procedure when other methods of treatment such as drugs and heartbeat reset aren’t successful.If atrial fibrillation, or an irregular heart rate,...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Hani Sabbour M.D.25 John A Cummings Way Woonsocket Rhode Island 2895
- Abdulrahman Abdulbaki MD111 Brewster St Pawtucket RI 02860
- Florian Koci M.D68 Cumberland St Woonsocket RI 02895
- Richard P San antonio MD215 Toll Gate Rd Warwick RI 02886
- Adam F Niedelman MD1377 S County Trl East Greenwich RI 02818
- Joseph P Mazza MD68 Cumberland St Woonsocket RI 02895