Dr. Steven F. Brown M.D.
Pediatrician17001 Science Drive Suite 116 Bowie Maryland, 20715
Single specialty, 10 pediatrician group practice in 3 offices located in Maryland's Washington, DC suburbs
Education and Training
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch- New Brunswick Nj 1984
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School 1984
North Bengal Medical College 1987
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, and National Public Speaking -
- Washingtonian Magazine's Best Doctor in the Washington DC Area
- Ear Infection
- Stomach Flu
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- North Shore LIJ University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Prince George's-Southern Maryland Pediatric Society, Children's Health Network
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good Patient Care and Listening to his Patients
Volunteer in two projects in Cambodia: Project Angkor and The Lake Clinic
Internet consultation with Cambodian physicians and with isolated community in Cuba
Hobbies / Sports
- Scuba Diving, Sailing, Fitness, Volunteering in Cambodia
Favorite professional publications
- Contemporary Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatrics Journal
Dr. Steven F. Brown M.D.'s Practice location
Bowie, Maryland 20715Get Direction
LAUREL, MD 20708Get Direction
Dr. Steven F. Brown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- Boys and Girls Experience Autism Differently, Study Finds
When it comes to the treatment of autism, researchers are still struggling to fully understand what options are best. In addition to learning how to treat the symptoms of autism, doctors are also still trying to figure out exactly what causes the condition to develop in certain children. While there...
- What Are the Symptoms of Chickenpox?
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by varicella zoster virus. It is very common among children but may affect adults also. Infection by this virus causes red blisters in different parts of the body. This skin condition has become less common with the advent of chickenpox vaccination. The...
- Dr. Asek Nelson Makia M.D.10274 Lake Arbor Way Bowie MD 20721
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904
- Dr. Kennon Harris M.D.224 MAYO RD EDGEWATER MD 21037
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.9006 WOODYARD RD CLINTON MD 20735
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007
- Mr. Salvador Papa MD2446 Mountain Road Pasadena Maryland 21122