Dr. Monali Patel practices Neuropathology in San Diego, California. Dr. Patel studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Rosalind Franklin Chicago Medical School
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 2007
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Sleep Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Abnormal Gait
- Vascular Disease
- Temple University Hospital
- Temple University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, San Diego Association Of Physicians Of Indian Origin, American Neurological Association, San Diego Neurological Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Strong Family Background, Support and Guidance. She's passionate about patient needs and her profession.
Hobbies / Sports
- Dance, Water Sports, Travel
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Stroke
- Paradise Valley Hospital
Dr. Monali S. Patel M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, California 92120Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92111Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Monali S. Patel M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Monali S. Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- Inspiring Man with Becker Muscular Dystrophy Hikes 500-Mile Spanish Trail
This man hiked 500 miles this summer, and he also has Becker muscular dystrophy.This is the inspiring story of Bryan Steward. He is a 24-year-old man who was diagnosed with Becker muscular dystrophy at a very young age (when he was only 8 years old). However, he has never stopped hiking. Since he...
- A Better Treatment Approach for Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis?
Relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) is an aggressive, rapidly debilitating form of multiple sclerosis. Individuals with this type of MS experience deterioration at a quicker rate than other forms, and don’t have as many treatment options. In terms of treatment for all types of MS, the...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- Breakthrough Research on Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
A study which was recently published in the Natural Communications journal, outlines a major breakthrough in research around facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, also known as FSHD.The study was performed by the University of Minnesota Medical School. Researchers at the university inserted the...
- What is an Ocular Migraine?
Ocular migraines, also known as retinal migraines, ophthalmic migraines, or monocular migraines, are characterized by visual disturbances that occur alongside or after migraine headaches. In this type, the person will have bouts of reduced vision or blindness that remains for a short period. In most...
- The Link Between Concussions and Multiple Sclerosis
In today’s world, we are told that ‘if an individual has experienced a severe jolt or blow to the head, which has left them dazed, confused, or wobbly - they have concussion”. (Medical News Today: MNT)According to Christian Nordqvist, a writer for MNT, a concussion causes a temporary loss of...
- Dr. Ross M. Mandeville MD200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Wade H.M. Wong MD200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103
- Mrs. Galina Vladimirovna Nikolskaya M.D.3747 Worsham Avenue Long Beach CA 90808
- Dr. Kristi Ann Dove MD3939 Ruffin Rd San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Michael S. Rafii M.D., PH.D.9500 Gilman Dr La Jolla CA 92093
- Suzan Khoromi M.D.2150 Pennsylvania Ave. Nw Washington DC 20037