Dr. Joanne Crowson is a speech language pathologist practicing in COOPERSTOWN, NY. Dr. Crowson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Crowson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Crowson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Dr. Joanne Weidel Crowson AUD's Practice location
COOPERSTOWN, NY 13326Get Direction
Dr. Joanne Weidel Crowson AUD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Mrs. Dawn Michele Mushtare MS CCC/SLP31 CENTER ST ONEONTA NY 13820
- Mrs. Deborah Kabat M. ED., CCC-SLP290 CHESTNUT ST ONEONTA NY 13820
- Candace Lynn-eschler Hoag M.S. ED, CCC-SLP20 WEST STREET MORRIS NY 13808
- Mrs. Lacey Marie Howard CCC-SLP6535 STATE HIGHWAY 7 MARYLAND NY 12116
- Mrs. Lisa Marie Henderson CCC/SLP215 COVERED BRIDGE RD ONEONTA NY 13820
- Mrs. Loraine Robla Nicholson M.A. CCC-SLP232 NERSESIAN RD HARTWICK NY 13348