Dr. Thedia Smith, MD, FAAP, currently maintains a position with Michelle Curry Pediatrics, a private practice located in Chesapeake, Virginia. Dr. Smith is a Board certified and Virginia Licensed pediatrician who previously worked in the Emergency Room of Childrens Hsopital. Dr. Smith acquired her education with Howard University and New Jersey Medical School; also completing her pediatric residency at University Hospital Newark. Over the course of her career, she has also served in various medical leadership capacities including Chief of Pediatrics at Huey Long Regional Medical Center, Associate and Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Tulane University Hospital and emergency room physician at Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters.
Education and Training
Rutgers Medical School
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Newark University Hospital
- Public Health Service
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her Dedication to Improve the Lives of Children, Perseverance, Unwavering Belief in herself.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Cooking, Horseback Riding, Swimming
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatrics
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Children's hospital of the Kings Daughter's
Thedia Jones Smith's Practice location
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Thedia Jones Smith | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Thedia Jones Smith's reviewsWrite Review
- How Examining Eye Movements Can Help Diagnose Autism
When it comes to treating autism, the earlier that a diagnosis can be accurately provided, the better off the patient will be in the long-term. While some members of the medical community continue to devote research to the treatment of autism, and while that research is undoubtedly invaluable,...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Why We Should Not Define Autism in Terms of ‘Deficits’
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. It is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and repetitive behaviors. These challenges involve impairments in social reciprocity and in the use of verbal and...
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- Dr. John W Harrington MD601 Childrens Lane Norfolk VA 23507
- Vernita Newby Peeples M.D.656 Independence Parkway Chesapeake VA 23320
- Mrs. Saileela Venkatesan MD1020 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach VA 23455
- Dr. Erinn E Hokanson NP902 S Jefferson St Roanoke VA 24016
- Dr. Michelle T Curry M.D.733 Volvo Parkway Chesapeake VA 23320
- Dr. Hugh Thomas Mcphee MD6345 Center Dr Norfolk VA 23502