Daniel Galvin is a general surgeon, working in North Shore Health System featuring over 20 years of experience. His area of expertise is Acute Care Surgery. His area of expertise is Acute Care Surgery and he is Board Certified in Critical Care as well. He completed his residency training from the prestigious New York Medical College.
Education and Training
Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Oklahoma State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine DO
Oklahoma State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine 1987
American Board of Surgery- Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Certified Preceptor, Bariatric Surgery -
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, Mt. Sinai Hospital -
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine -
- New York Medical College
- Cornell Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery, American College of Surgeons, Society of Critical care Medicine, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- 2 Published Abstracts
What do you attribute your success to?
- Training, His school was well funded providing an excellent educational base
Hobbies / Sports
- Horseback Riding, Target Shooting
Favorite professional publications
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, Chest Physicians Journal
Dr. Daniel Galvin DO's Practice location
Huntington, New York 11743Get Direction
EAST MEADOW, NY 11554Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Daniel Galvin DO | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Daniel Galvin DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Galvin
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- Reasons Why You Need an Adenoidectomy
Having a sore throat is a common condition and anyone can be affected by it. One cause of a sore throat is tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils). However, apart from tonsils, there are also adenoids, which are found at the back of the pharynx. Adenoids can also be affected and can cause a series...
- What is the Central Venous Catheter?
The central venous catheter is a type of a catheter that is normally placed in a vein of large size. It is also called the central venous line or central line. Central venous catheters can be fitted in veins found in the chest, groin, arms, and neck. This type of catheter is often used in the...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?
Is There A Link Between Erectile Dysfunction And Prostate Cancer?Being diagnosed with prostate cancer creates a sense of confusion and fear in many men. It is a condition that causes the growth unwanted cells on the prostate gland. The prostate gland is a gland located around the urethra. It is...
- Dr. David Shokrian MD9 Sinclair Dr Great Neck NY 11024
- Dr. Ruth S. Spector M.D.21 Fox Hunt Ln Great Neck NY 11020
- Dr. Roberto Bergamaschi MDHSC T-18 SUNY Stony Brook Stony Brook New York 11787
- Dr. Alison Dee Mishkit M>D>152 E MAIN ST HUNTINGTON NY 11743
- Dr. Robert Zingale Other270 Park Ave Huntington NY 11743
- Richard C. Daly FNP-C75 N COUNTRY RD PORT JEFFERSON NY 11777