Dr. Alfredo Torres M.D.
Internist4 Fuller Street Alexandria Bay New York, 13607
Director of Inpatient Medicine at a Critical Access Hospital in Alexandria Bay, NY. Also Associate Director of the Emergency Department and Director of the Convenient Care Clinic. Member of the Hospital Executive Committee. Supervision of numerous Physician Assistants and other hospital staff. Leading the Ebola management team.
Dr. Alfredo Torres M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of Rochester
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1981
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Inpatient Medicine, River Hospital -
- Three term President of the Rochester Eye and Tissue Bank
- World of Difference Award
- Fellow in the American College of Physicians
- Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, American College of Emergency Physicians, Society of Hospital Medicine
- National Rural Health Association, North Country Initiative
What do you attribute your success to?
Supportive Parents, Church, and many wonderful teachers. American Welfare System.
Past President, Board of Directors Rochester Eye and Human Parts Bank
Teaching and speaking
ACLS and BLS Instructor
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Hiking, Biking, Bible study
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Alfredo Torres M.D.'s Practice location
Alexandria Bay, New York 13607Get Direction
ROCHESTER, NY 14621Get Direction
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- How to Manage 'Muffin Top'
It is common for women to store fat around their abdominal region. This type of fat and weight gain commonly occurs in women who are experiencing menopause. When estrogen levels are reduced, it causes the body to redistribute fat onto a woman's hips, abdomen, and buttocks. However, belly fat is not...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- What is IP 204 Pill : Side Effects and Usage
IntroductionThe IP 204 pill is white in color and oval or elliptical in shape with an imprint of "IP 204". It has been identified as acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg of oxycodone. This pill is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The size...
- Dr. Gerald Amatucci MD4 Fuller St Alexandria Bay NY 13607
- Rudolph Joseph Napodano M.D.38273 Napadano Ln Clayton NY 13624