One of America's Leading Experts in Osteoporosis and Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine
American board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, Osteoporosis Research Center -
- Associate Editor, BONE -
- Distingusised Professor Award, 2008
- Master, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Creigton Affiliated Hospital
- Osteoporosis: Endocrinology
- Wilford Hall USAF hospital
- Creighton University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Hormone Foundation, National Osteoporosis Foundation
- American College of Physicians: Endocrine Society; American Society for Bone and Mineral Research; National Osteoporosis Foundation;
Articles and Publications
- Wrote Bone Histomorphometry: Techniques and Interpretation
What do you attribute your success to?
Research, Making a Difference in the Field, Excellent Patient Care
Areas of research
Creighton University, Osteoporosis Research Endowment
Teaching and speaking
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Skiing in Colorado
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Sailboats, Travel
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
Dr. Robert Roy Recker M.D.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68122-1732Get Direction
OMAHA, NE 68106Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68124Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert Roy Recker M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert Roy Recker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Recker
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Yellow Eyes: When to Be Concerned
IntroductionA person's eyes can offer personality insights, and at the same time, provide warning signs about the body's overall health. When the white portion of the eyes called sclera turns yellowish in color, it is often a signal that something is not right in the body. It also indicates a...
- Is There a Link Between Asthma and Bronchitis?
Bronchitis and Asthma are both inflammatory conditions that affect lungs where a person’s airways swell up, causing them breathing problems.Asthma, also known as bronchial asthma, is characterized as a chronic condition in which a person’s airways become inflamed, narrow and swollen, and produce...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- E. coli and Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection?The main function of the urinary system is to get rid of waste, maintain the body’s water balance, and regulate electrolytes. Its function starts with the kidneys, the organ that filter blood to produce urine, which is composed of extra fluid and wastes. Before...
- Ahmed Abuzaid2500 California Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68178
- Dr. Lon William Keim M.D.4242 Farnam Street Omaha Nebraska 68131
- Dr. Theresa A. Townley M.D.4628 S 25th St Omaha NE 68107
- Dr. Stephanie Lynne Gravning MD985524 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Bruce L. Houghton M.D.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Timothy K. Huyck M.D.611 Fenwick Dr Papillion NE 68046