Dr. Laura Winkler is a speech language pathologist practicing in BRADENTON, FL. Dr. Winkler specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Winkler evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Winkler helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Laura Winkler MS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
BRADENTON, FL 34208Get Direction
Laura Winkler MS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mr. Lisa Larkin Winsbro500 7TH AVE S ST PETERSBURG FL 33701
- Mrs. Rebecca Ann Wright CCC-SLP148 N POLK DR SARASOTA FL 34236
- Ms. Michelle Tanya Haynes MS CCC SLP6734 31ST WAY SOUTH ST. PETERSBURG FL 33712
- Mrs. Alejandra Maria Venesky M.S, CCC-SLP2415 UNIVERSITY PKWY SARASOTA FL 34243
- Ms. Judith A. Harvey M.A., CCC-SLP5969 CATTLERIDGE BLVD STE 100 SARASOTA FL 34232
- Mrs. Geraldine Brooks Drexler M.A., CCC-SP6823 DOMINION LN LAKEWOOD RANCH FL 34202