Dr. Michael S. Manning is an emergency medicine specialist currently working with Murphy Medical Center in Murphy, North Carolina. Dr. Michael has over 26 years of experience, having completed his medical education at University of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine and later interning at the prestigious Duke University. Dr. Michael is board certified in Emergency Medicine by American Board of Emergency Medicine and is also a prominent member of Association of Physician Leadership and Global Business Association.
Education and Training
Univeristy of Alabama Birmingham School of Medicine
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 2006
American Board of Emergency Medicine- Emergency Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Duke University
Professional Society Memberships
- Association for Physician Leadership, Communities of the Future, Health International Management System Society, Global Business Association
Articles and Publications
- Published Leveraging the Tools you Have instead of waiting for the perfect process
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being a Critical Thinker, Being Able to Think Outside the box, Taking into Consideration other Disciplines in Medicine and Healthcare as a whole when administering care for patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Yoga
Dr. Michael S. Manning M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Murphy, North Carolina 28906Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27705Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40536Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael S. Manning M.D., PH.D. | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael S. Manning M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Dr. William Mark Walters M.D.3990 E Us Highway 64 Alt Murphy NC 28906
- Dr. Heather Hall MD35 HOSPITAL WAY BLAIRSVILLE GA 30512
- Dr. Marta Jill Ferguson D.O.Union General Hospital Blairsville GA 30512
- Dr. Brent William Davidson MD110 S Main St Hiawassee GA 30546
- Dr. George David Gowder MD214 HOSPITAL CIR BLAIRSVILLE GA 30512
- Dr. Rashid Khan M.D.4130 E Us Highway 64 Murphy NC 28906