Dr. Srinivasan S. Purighalla MD
Neurosurgeon616 35th Avenue Suite A Moline Illinois, 61265
Srinivasan S. Purighalla, MD, maintains a private practice, Purighalla Neuroscience and Spine Institute. Serving patients in both Illinois and Iowa, Dr. Purighalla is an exceptional neurosurgeon with Board certification and nearly 15 years of experience. Dr. Purighalla has particular clinical interest in minimally invasive spinal surgery and endoscopic surgery; or going through small incisions or natural body openings in order to diagnose and treat diseases amongst patients. In 2011, Dr. Purighalla was recognized for his high standard of care by being named Best Doctor in the US. In his spare time, Dr. Purighalla is on staff at several medical facilities such as UnityPoint Health, Molina Healthcare, and Trinity Rock Island Hospital.
Education and Training
Rangaraya Medical College
Rangarya Medical College Andhra University 1990
American Board of Neurological Surgery- Neurosurgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Best Doctor in USA, 2011
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Was Published During his Training
What do you attribute your success to?
- God's Blessings and Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Flying Planes (Pilot), Playing with a Music Band, Social Work within his Community
Dr. Srinivasan S. Purighalla MD's Practice location
Moline, Illinois 61265Get Direction
Moline, IL 61265Get Direction
Dr. Srinivasan S. Purighalla MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Purighalla
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Dr. Anthony Vito Maioriello MD, MS, FAANS, FACS3385 Dexter Ct Davenport IA 52807
- Dr. Todd Ridenour MD1351 W Central Park Ave Davenport IA 52804
- Dr. Eugene Collins MD1333 West Lombard Street Davenport IA 52804
- Dr. Robert Wayne Milas M.D.4333 18th Ave Rock Island IL 61201
- Dr. Richard Arthur Roski MD1351 W Central Park Ave Davenport IA 52804