Dr. Fernando Pereira Bruno obtained his Medical Degree from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro), having received a scholarship to participate in the Program of Scientific Initiation (PIBIC-CNPq) in basic science, focused in cellular therapy and regeneration of the Central Nervous System with mesenchymal stem cell treatment.
Dr Bruno furthered his scientific training with a research fellowship in neuropathology through the Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM-NY). For his studies on cerebral malaria pathogenesis and diagnostic imaging he has been awarded the ASTMH Young Investigator award, among other recognitions.
Additionally, Dr Bruno has experience in organizing medical conferences, being Co-Founder and Executive Producer of CoPatch Empreendimentos ltda. The company was responsible for events placed in Rio de Janeiro and SÃ£o Paulo from 2005-2009 for 12,000 participants. Also obtained training in business management, and management of clinics and hospitals.
Nowadays Dr. Bruno works as an Assistant Professor in the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine helping shape the minds of the new generation of physicians.
Education and Training
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Mentors Medical Students and Residents at Albert Einstein School of Medicine -
- Young Investigator Award American Society of Tropical Medicine Hygiene, 2013
- Travel Fellowship Award American Neurological Association, 2013
- Dennis Shields Travel Award, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2013.
- Nominated by the Dean for the 2013 Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists. Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 2013.
- Honorable Mention in the Forum of Medical Ethics, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 2005.
- Honorable Mention in the Forum of Pathology Teaching, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 2005.
- Scientific Initiation Fellowship Award, National Council of Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq), 2005
- Internal medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Knowing that Anyone can Achieve their Goals if they set their mind to it
Hobbies / Sports
- Volunteer Work, Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Annals of Neurology
Fernando Pereira Bruno's Practice location
Middletown, NY 10940Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Fernando Pereira Bruno | Neuropathologist | Neuropathology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Fernando Pereira Bruno's reviewsWrite Review
- How Atrial Fibrillation Is Diagnosed
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a condition that disrupts the heart's functions, specifically the heart rate or rhythm. Symptoms can be intermittent, persistent, or permanent in nature, and in some instances they disappear on their own, while other forms require medication to restore normal heart...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- What Is Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation?
What Is Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation?Paroxysmal is a condition derived from atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation (AFib) refers to abnormal heartbeats. These impulses are not just irregular heartbeats, but appear as vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart. Once a person suffers from the...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...