Dr. Sophia Beal is a speech language pathologist practicing in JACKSONVILLE, FL. Dr. Beal specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Beal evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Beal helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sophia Renee Beal M.A. CCC-SLP's Practice location
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32212Get Direction
Sophia Renee Beal M.A. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Susan Green SLP4600 BEACH BLVD JACKSONVILLE FL 32207
- Ms. Lindsey Taylor Brown MS3901 UNIVERSITY BLVD S JACKSONVILLE FL 32216
- Mr. Samuel B Cabra CCC-SLP9857 SAINT AUGUSTINE RD JACKSONVILLE FL 32257
- Amberlyn D Disbrow MS, CCC-SLP1701 PRUDENTIAL DR JACKSONVILLE FL 32207
- Corey Hicks M. ED. CCC-SLP11512 LAKE MEAD AVENUE SUITE 604 JACKSONVILLE FL 32256
- Ashley Megan Trundy M.A,3901 UNIVERSITY BLVD S JACKSONVILLE FL 32216