Dr. Virginia Loewenstine practices Occupational Medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio. Dr. Loewenstine evaluates the interaction between work and health. Occupational medicine physicians have general knowledge of worksite operations and are familiar with the toxic properties of materials used by employees and the potential hazards and stressors of work processes; in addition to being qualified to determine an employees physical and emotional fitness for work; diagnosing and treating occupational diseases; handling work related injuries; and having an understanding of rehabilitation methods, health education techniques, sanitation, and workers compensation laws.
Education and Training
Eastern Kentucky University B.S. 1983
College of Medicine and Life Sciences (fomerly the Medical College of Ohio) M.D. 1987
American Board of Family Medicine
Dr. Virginia A Loewenstine MD's Expert Contributions
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, taking proactive steps will help you avoid serious potential health risks and keep you healthy both during and after your travels. Obtain Country Specific Health Updates in Advance Four to six weeks before departure, check www.cdc.gov/travel for...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Corporate Medical Consulting for Employees -
- America's Top Physicians (Consumer Research Council of America)
- Cambridge Who's Who Registry of Executives & Professionals - Lifetime Honored Member
- America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals - Honored Member
- Spirit of Women Award, Regional Healthcare Provider Category
- Strathmore's Who's Who - Honored Member
- Featured Cover Story - Focus Magazine
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- International Society of Travel Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, American Academy of Family Practice, International Society of Travel Medicine, American College of Lifestyle Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
Longstanding reputation of quality and attention to detail; keeping current in treatments/trends; high level of customer satisfaction
Teaching and speaking
Teaching and training of First Responders/Emergency Response Teams in industries
Teaching and training of physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses in the field of occupational and travel medicine
Voluntary preceptor for residents and medical students, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
Public presentations to a wide variety of audiences on the topics of preventive and travel health and the importance of industrial screenings
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Gardening, Photography
Dr. Virginia A Loewenstine MD's Practice location
CINCINNATI, OH 45245 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Virginia A Loewenstine MD | Occupational Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Virginia A Loewenstine MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is an ailment that usually affects almost 37 million individuals in the U.S. only. Sinusitis often begins with cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, and facial pain/headache. Sinus swelling and blockage can create pressure that causes a serious agonizing pain inside...
- Do I Have an Increased Risk of Developing Ovarian Cancer if I Have Endometriosis?
What is endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful disease that affects the tissues lining the inner side of the uterus, which is called endometrium. The tissue is formed outside of the uterus and causes pelvic pain. Endometriosis is a common benign disorder that affects about 10% to 15% women in...
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- Tamarind 101: 14 Amazing Health Benefits of Tamarind
More often than not, tamarind is used by deseeding the fruit and the pulp layer first and then extracted before it is used in a dish. It is also used for cleaning copper vessels, especially brass items. Although tamarind has many uses, they are still not known to many. Its scientific name...
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- Brown Fat is Great Fat
Brown fat is a health-friendly fat that helps the body to burn calories, instead of storing the energy as fat. Typically, adults do not have a lot of brown fat. A new study suggests that heart hormones may stimulate the production of brown fat cells. Researchers conducted a study on animals and...
Nearby Occupational Therapists
- Mr. Hal Blatman M.D. 10653 Techwood Cir Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. Robert L Boyer MD 1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017
- Dr. Jeffrey Scott Davin MD 11125 Kenwood Rd Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. Michael Knipp M.D., M.S. 234 Goodman St Cincinnati OH 45219
- Dr. James David Keller M.D. 3801 Hauck Rd Cincinnati OH 45241
- Dr. James T Lutz M.D. 8498 Owlwoods Ln Cincinnati OH 45243