Yanira Perez MD is a general surgeon specialized in minimally invasive surgery, endoscopy and aesthetic procedures. She brings you the latest innovation in science and beauty to help you feel and look your best. Dr. Perez has two office locations in Monterey Park and La Puente.
Education and Training
Boston University School of Medicine 2008
American Board of Surgery- General Surgery
Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Your current surgeon who provided consultation should have discussed all your options given your physical examination. You can cancel your surgery and seek a second opinion if you are not comfortable moving forward with surgery. It is your body and you should not feel like you are being trapped into a decision if you are not aware why repeat surgery was the recommendation. I recommend getting a second opinion if you are not comfortable moving forward with your scheduled surgery. Additional you can contact your surgeon to address your concerns. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Community Education on Surgical and Bariatric Procedures, Garfield Medical Center -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Chief of Surgery Monterey Park Hospital 2015 - 2017
- Breast Cancer
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- American College of Surgeons
- SOCIETY OF AMERICAN GASTROINTESTIONAL & ENDOSCOPIC SURGEONS
- Wayne State University (Bariatric Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Family Support, Mentoring she Received During Training
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Yoga, Art, Scultpures
- Monterey Park Hospital
Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.'s Practice location
La Puente, CA 91744Get Direction
Detroit, MI 48201Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Yanira Perez M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- What Is a Thyroid Biopsy?
In a thyroid biopsy, a small tissue sample of your thyroid gland is removed and then examined under a microscope to test for an infection, cancer cells, and other thyroid disorders. The thyroid is a small gland located in lower part of the neck, just below the larynx. The gland's main function is...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- Dr. Charles C. Guidry Jr D.O.150 55th Street Brooklyn NY 11220
- Dr. Babak Moeinolmolki M.D.2080 Century Park East Los Angeles CA 90025
- Dr. Amy M. Kusske MD2021 Santa Monica Boulevard Santa Monica California 90404
- Dr. Monali Misra MD8631 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Tracey R Childs MD2021 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Glenn Pfeffer MD444 South San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048