Anthony J. Canfield, MD, FACS, maintains a position at the Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center located in Denver, Colorado. Presbyterian/St. Luke's is one of Denver's top hospitals, with highly rated emergency, pediatric, cancer, high risk pregnancy and BMT services. Dr. Canfield proudly acts as the Director of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Center with over 20 years of experience in the field. Certified by the esteemed American Board of Surgery, Dr. Canfield was distinguished as Fellow of the American College of Surgeons for all of his outstanding work. Active in the medical community, Dr. Canfield has been published, speaks nationally on his clinical interests, and was also named Outstanding Surgeon Representing Colorado in 1997.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1988
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 1988
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine 1993
American Board of Surgery- General Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Dr. Anthony J. Canfield M.D.'s Expert Contributions
I would definitely talk with your back surgeon before visiting any chiropractor or therapist. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center -
- National Public Speaking -
- Outstanding Surgeon Representing Colorado, 1997
- Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Positive Patient Rapport, Frequently Studying, Steady Skill Set, Commitment to Overall Excellence within his Practice
Hobbies / Sports
- Flying, Scuba Diving, Hunting
Dr. Anthony J. Canfield M.D.'s Practice location
Denver, Colorado 80218Get Direction
Liberal, KS 67901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Anthony J. Canfield M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Anthony J. Canfield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Canfield
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- What Is Varicocelectomy Surgery?
Varicocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is mainly used to treat male infertility. This infertility in men is always as a result of varicocele. The aim of treating varicocele is to obstruct or hinder venous drainage to the testicles while maintaining the lymphatic drainage and arterial inflow....
- Dr. Stephen M Johs M.D.80 Health Park Drive Louisville Colorado 80027
- Jacquelyn Glenn14100 E Arapahoe Rd, Suite 260 Centennial CO 80112
- Traci A. Kimball4950 South Yosemite Street Greenwood Village Colorado 80111
- Dr. Gregory Stiegmann MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Donald J. Conner MD3333 S BANNOCK ST ENGLEWOOD CO 80110
- Dr. Erik Peltz DO12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045