Dr. Robert G. Bonillas M.D.
Plastic Surgeon9377 E Bell Road Suite 367 Scottsdale AZ, 85260
Robert G. Bonillas, MD, maintains a private practice, Scottsdale Plastics, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Over 7 years practicing cosmetic & reconstructive plastic surgery with specific clinical interest in burns, aesthetics, and reconstruction, Dr. Bonillas has received several excellence awards in his field; as well as the Best of Scottsdale Plastic Surgery Award in 2014. Board certified in plastic surgery, Dr. Bonillas trained in general surgery at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City and was then invited by New York University Medical Center and Stanford University Medical Center, respectively, to participate in post-doctoral research fellowships in tissue engineering. His research has been published widely and presented at numerous hospitals and society meetings.
Education and Training
University of Arizona
University of Arizona College of Medicine 2000
American Board of Plastic Surgery- Plastic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking throughout his Community -
- Best of Scottsdale Plastic Surgery Award, 2014
- Excellence Awards in Plastic Surgery
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- New York University Medical Center; Stanford University Medical Center (Research); University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (Plastic Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Arizona Latin American Medical Association, National Association of Hispanic Nurses
Articles and Publications
- Research Publications During his Fellowships
What do you attribute your success to?
His education and training, as well as his various training experiences throughout the country. Those experiences allowed him to learn from the best, and challenge himself to be the best he can be.
Hobbies / Sports
- Computer Work, Graphic Artist
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Journal
Dr. Robert G. Bonillas M.D.'s Practice location
Scottsdale, AZ 85260Get Direction
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85260Get Direction
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Get Direction
Dr. Robert G. Bonillas M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bonillas
- Reasons for Undergoing a Breast Augmentation
One of the leading cosmetic surgery procedures performed in the US is breast augmentation. According to research, approximately 307,000 women received breast implants in 2011. Many of the surgeries were different, and the reasons for the surgeries also varied. The majority of women who decide to...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a choice made by a person who wants to look different, feel different, or just show off the new and improved version of him or herself. Most people have different reasons for undergoing plastic surgery.Sometimes one needs to see a psychiatrist before undergoing plastic surgery,...
- People Who Get Nose Jobs May Have An Underlying Mental Disorder
A new study shows that a third of patients who performed cosmetic surgery to improve the appearance of their nose have moderate symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which makes them preoccupied with defects in their appearance. The results of the study published in the journal Plastic and...
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- William D. Leighton7425 East Shea Blvd. Scottsdale Arizona 85260
- Ramon Angel Robles5333 North 7th Street Phoenix Arizona 85014
- Dr. Michael N. Desvigne M.D.6900 E Camelback Rd Scottsdale Arizona 85251
- semone rochlin11000 north scottsdale road, suite 235 scottsdale AZ 85254
- Dr. Jack A Friedland M.D.5410 N SCOTTSDALE ROAD PARADISE VALLEY AZ 85253
- Dr. Alexander Villares MD6930 E. Chauncey Lane Phoenix AZ 85054