Raj Upadya, DMD, maintains Esthetic Dental Care, a private dental practice located in the state of New Jersey. Dr. Upadya is one of the most highly trained and qualified dentists in the Princeton area, focusing on advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures for the past 15+ years. Dr. Upadya treats complex dental problems within his office, like missing teeth, broken teeth, and TMJ related problems with a high degree of expertise. Board certified in comprehensive and restorative dentistry, Dr. Upadya also received continued education within the esteemed UCLA Esthetic Dentistry program. Aside from his practice, Dr. Upadya is an educator and mentor to dentists all over the country through his affiliations with The Dawson Academy and local New Jersey dental organizations.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine D.M.D.
Comprehensive and Restorative Dentistry Certified
Raj Upadya DMD's Expert Contributions
Hi! If you only have a bonded filling on the tooth, then you can absolutely whiten your teeth now. It will not harm the tooth, but the whitening will not change the color of the bonded filling, so there could be a little discrepancy. Then, you can make the new crown match the shade of the rest of your teeth!! I usually do not recommend placing a permanent new crown before whitening, because then you are committed to trying to bleach your teeth to match the crown unpredictably. If you have a temporary crown in place now, I would not recommend whitening now, because it could make a temporary crown turn an orangey color. Hope this helps!! Dr. Raj READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- New Jersey Top Doc Award, 2014
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Occlusal Disease
- Tmj Disorder
- Porcelain Veneers
- Gum And Tooth Contouring
- Six Month Smile
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Metal Free Fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Implant
- Cosmetic Dentures
- Zoom Teeth Whitening
- Complete Dentistry
- Associate faculty member Dawson Academy
- Accreditation candidate American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellowship candidate Academy of General Dentistry
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center General Practice
- St. Joseph's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Articles and Publications
- Has Articles Published in Dental Journals and Vista
What do you attribute your success to?
- Complete Dentistry Available, Helping Patients, Making a Difference
Areas of research
- Attended UCLA Esthetic Dentistry Program for Continued Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Skiing, Guitar, Golfing
Raj Upadya DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Raj Upadya DMD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Raj Upadya DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the looks and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread. This...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- Denture Creams Can Cause Nerve Damage
A number of recent reports show that overuse of denture creams and other products leads to nerve damage. The major reason behind this damage is zinc poisoning from the products. Zinc is an important mineral required by the body, but the amount of zinc is usually balanced with that of copper. People...
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Edward M Sonnenberg DDS230 US-206 Flanders New Jersey 07836
- Ronald Kurlan D.M.D.65 E Northfield Rd Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Elizabeth Jean Herko M.P.H., D.D.S.571 Central Ave New Providence NJ 07974
- Dr. Loay Shadid Deifallah DDS281 Durham Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080
- Dr. Alan Bruce Steiner DMD35 W Main St Denville NJ 07834