Raj Upadya, DMD, maintains Esthetic Dental Care, a private dental practice located in the state of New Jersey. Dr. Upadya is one of the most highly trained and qualified dentists in the Princeton area, focusing on advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures for the past 15+ years. Dr. Upadya treats complex dental problems within his office, like missing teeth, broken teeth, and TMJ related problems with a high degree of expertise. Board certified in comprehensive and restorative dentistry, Dr. Upadya also received continued education within the esteemed UCLA Esthetic Dentistry program. Aside from his practice, Dr. Upadya is an educator and mentor to dentists all over the country through his affiliations with The Dawson Academy and local New Jersey dental organizations.
Raj Upadya DMD's Videos
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine D.M.D.
Comprehensive and Restorative Dentistry Certified
Raj Upadya DMD's Expert Contributions
Hi! If you only have a bonded filling on the tooth, then you can absolutely whiten your teeth now. It will not harm the tooth, but the whitening will not change the color of the bonded filling, so there could be a little discrepancy. Then, you can make the new crown match the shade of the rest of your teeth!! I usually do not recommend placing a permanent new crown before whitening, because then you are committed to trying to bleach your teeth to match the crown unpredictably. If you have a temporary crown in place now, I would not recommend whitening now, because it could make a temporary crown turn an orangey color. Hope this helps!! Dr. Raj READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- New Jersey Top Doc Award, 2014
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Occlusal Disease
- Tmj Disorder
- Porcelain Veneers
- Gum And Tooth Contouring
- Six Month Smile
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Metal Free Fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Implant
- Cosmetic Dentures
- Zoom Teeth Whitening
- Complete Dentistry
- Associate faculty member Dawson Academy
- Accreditation candidate American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellowship candidate Academy of General Dentistry
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Articles and Publications
- Has Articles Published in Dental Journals and Vista
What do you attribute your success to?
- Complete Dentistry Available, Helping Patients, Making a Difference
Areas of research
- Attended UCLA Esthetic Dentistry Program for Continued Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Skiing, Guitar, Golfing
Areas of researchAttended UCLA Esthetic Dentistry Program for Continued Education
Raj Upadya DMD's Practice location
EAST HANOVER, NJ 07936Get Direction
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- What Do Bumps on the Roof of Your Mouth Mean?
IntroductionThe presence of bumps and lumps in the mouth is not something uncommon. You may have experienced them in the past, particularly on your lips, back of the throat, or tongue. There are various things that can cause the formation of bumps on the roof of your mouth, but most of them are...
- What is a Yeast Infection?
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulting from overgrowth of the yeast genus, Candida. The most predominant species in this genus is Candida albicans. The yeast survives in different parts of our body, including the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth. Growth of these organisms commonly...
- Metal Taste in Mouth
Why does my mouth taste like metal?The perception of a metallic taste in the mouth is a symptom that can be found for several reasons. In some cases, this aftertaste depends on mild and transient conditions, sometimes it may be the warning of some more serious pathologies.Among the possible causes:...
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- How to Get a White, Bright & Vibrant Smile
It has become easier to remove stains from teeth without having to pay large sums of money. Local pharmacies and drug stores sell teeth whitening kits that are cost effective. Most of these products do not cause any side effects if the individual follows instructions correctly.Tips to remember while...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Edward M Sonnenberg DDS230 US-206 Flanders New Jersey 07836
- Ronald Kurlan D.M.D.45 Prospect St South Orange NJ 07079
- Dr. Elizabeth Jean Herko M.P.H., D.D.S.571 Central Ave, Suite 100 New Providence NJ 07974
- Dr. Jay Sher DDS154 S Livingston Ave Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Gwen Giannina DDS1173 Kennedy Blvd Bayonne NJ 07002