Raj Upadya, DMD, maintains Esthetic Dental Care, a private dental practice located in the state of New Jersey. Dr. Upadya is one of the most highly trained and qualified dentists in the Princeton area, focusing on advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures for the past 15+ years. Dr. Upadya treats complex dental problems within his office, like missing teeth, broken teeth, and TMJ related problems with a high degree of expertise. Board certified in comprehensive and restorative dentistry, Dr. Upadya also received continued education within the esteemed UCLA Esthetic Dentistry program. Aside from his practice, Dr. Upadya is an educator and mentor to dentists all over the country through his affiliations with The Dawson Academy and local New Jersey dental organizations.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine D.M.D.
Comprehensive and Restorative Dentistry Certified
Raj Upadya DMD's Expert Contributions
Hi! If you only have a bonded filling on the tooth, then you can absolutely whiten your teeth now. It will not harm the tooth, but the whitening will not change the color of the bonded filling, so there could be a little discrepancy. Then, you can make the new crown match the shade of the rest of your teeth!! I usually do not recommend placing a permanent new crown before whitening, because then you are committed to trying to bleach your teeth to match the crown unpredictably. If you have a temporary crown in place now, I would not recommend whitening now, because it could make a temporary crown turn an orangey color. Hope this helps!! Dr. Raj READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- New Jersey Top Doc Award, 2014
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Occlusal Disease
- Tmj Disorder
- Porcelain Veneers
- Gum And Tooth Contouring
- Six Month Smile
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Metal Free Fillings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Implant
- Cosmetic Dentures
- Zoom Teeth Whitening
- Complete Dentistry
- Associate faculty member Dawson Academy
- Accreditation candidate American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellowship candidate Academy of General Dentistry
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center General Practice
- St. Joseph's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Articles and Publications
- Has Articles Published in Dental Journals and Vista
What do you attribute your success to?
- Complete Dentistry Available, Helping Patients, Making a Difference
Areas of research
- Attended UCLA Esthetic Dentistry Program for Continued Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Skiing, Guitar, Golfing
Raj Upadya DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Raj Upadya DMD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Raj Upadya DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Get a White, Bright & Vibrant Smile
It has become easier to remove stains from teeth without having to pay large sums of money. Local pharmacies and drug stores sell teeth whitening kits that are cost effective. Most of these products do not cause any side effects if the individual follows instructions correctly.Tips to remember while...
- Mason Motz Becomes A Chatterbox Once His Sleep Apnea Was Fixed
Mason Motz is a 6-year-old Texas youngster who now sings his favorite songs and talks to everyone who will listen to him. He is always asking his mom about her day and discussing the world with his brother. Every day, he leaves his family astounded, because, for over five years of his life, Mason...
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Edward M Sonnenberg DDS230 US-206 Flanders New Jersey 07836
- Ronald Kurlan D.M.D.45 Prospect St South Orange NJ 07079
- Dr. Elizabeth Jean Herko M.P.H., D.D.S.571 Central Ave, Suite 100 New Providence NJ 07974
- Dr. Jay Sher DDS154 S Livingston Ave Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Loay Shadid Deifallah DDS13 WALL ST RARITAN NJ 08869