Dr. Nicholas Abbey is a psychiatrist practicing in CLEVELAND, OH. Dr. Abbey is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Abbey diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Abbey may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Abbey treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Nicholas Thomas Abbey MD's Practice location
CLEVELAND, OH 44195Get Direction
Nicholas Thomas Abbey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Dr. Alf H. Bergman MD5000 Rockside Rd Independence Ohio 44131
- Dr. Florence V Kimbo MD7530 Lucerne Drive Middleburg Heights Ohio 44130
- Dr. Farid Sabet-sharghi MD8401 Chagrin Rd Chagrin Falls OH 44023
- Dr. Stephanie Mulligan Marko MD24100 Chagrin Blvd Beachwood OH 44122
- Dr. Neal E Goldenberg MD701 Dane St Madison WI 53713
- Dr. Philipp Dines MD10524 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106