Chirag Mehta, MD, FCCP, is an experienced pulmonologist and sleep medicine physician of nearly 10 years at Comprehensive Pulmonary Critical Care Associates. Dr. Mehta had an extensive education, involving several residency and fellowship programs with the Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. His post-graduate education focused on sleep medicine and pulmonology; also attaining certification in his expertise from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Over the course of his career he authored several medical abstracts and currently is an educator to medical residents. In his spare time, Dr. Mehta is on staff at the St.Barnabas Hospital and is involved with 2 related sleep labs within his community.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 2000
Ross University School of Medicine 2000
Aemrican Board of Internal Medicine- Pulmonary Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Teaching, Residents -
- Chief Resident
- Newark Beth Israel Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center Program
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center (Chief Resident)
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center (Sleep Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Sleep Association
Articles and Publications
- Articles Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication to the Field, Hard Work, Family Support
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time with Family, Sports
Favorite professional publications
- St.Barnabas Hospital
Dr. Chirag Mehta M.D.'s Practice location
Millburn, New Jersey 07041Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Chirag Mehta M.D. | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Chirag Mehta M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mehta
- The Top 3 Myths About the Development of COPD
Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) suffer from breathlessness. It is an illness that affects our lungs by simply inhibiting its normal functions. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a progressive lung disease that has signs and symptoms of chronic bronchitis, which...
- Groundbreaking Triple-Therapy Could Be on the Horizon for Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers work around the clock and the world to find new discoveries in terms of cystic fibrosis treatment. Thanks to foundations, donations, and ongoing research, cystic fibrosis has made leaps and bounds as far as treatment is concerned. There is one pharmaceutical company at the forefront of...
- New Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Shows Promise for those with a Specific Gene Mutation
The data released on July 18th from three clinical trials conducted by Vertex Pharmaceuticals revealed promising results. The drugs that were tested in these trials are three different triple combination regimes that are designed to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis in patients with the...
- 7 Tips on Living with Asthma
Asthma is a chronic lung disorder that causes inflammation in the air passage leading to the lungs, making it incredibly difficult to breath. Common symptoms include Shortness of breath, Wheezing, a tight feeling in the chest and Coughing. Asthma can be either Innate (since childhood) or caused by...
- Couple Raises Twins with Cystic Fibrosis
There’s a lot for parents to process and prepare for when they have a baby on the way. To find out that twins are coming monumentally adds to the planning necessary for their arrival. For parents to know they’ll be caring for children with a debilitating genetic disease is even more pressure...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Dr. Alan J Klukowicz MD123 Highland Ave Glen Ridge NJ 07028
- Charles Oribabor244 5th Avenue New York New York 10001
- Dr. Medhat Ismail MD246 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne New Jersey 07470
- Dr. Alison S. Kole MD300 Madison Ave Madison NJ 07940
- Dr. Vinod K. Sinha M.D.260 Hobart Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861
- Dr. Edward Fitzpatrick MD7220 17th Ave Brooklyn NY 11204