Stephen Andrew Chung, MD, maintains a position Valley Anesthesiology and Pain Consultants located in Phoenix, Arizona. The center is one of the nation's premier providers of anesthesia and pain management services, ensuring that their patients receive exceptional perioperative anesthesia care by being a member of the Anesthesia Quality Institute. Dr. Chung, and the rest of the faculty, provide superior pain relief in his patients, blocking unwanted side effects from pain pills such as nausea and constipation. Dr. Chung has been practicing for nearly 30 years in the field of anesthesiology, and has received certification from the American Board of Anesthesiology as well as the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1987.
Education and Training
University of Calgary
Univ Of Calgary- Fac Of Med- Calgary- Alb- Canada 1981
University of Calgary, Fac of Medicine, Calgary, Alb, Canada Medicine
University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine 1981
American Board of Anesthesiology- Anesthesiology
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- University of Toronto Affiliated Hospitals 1983
- Toronto General Hospital
- University of Toronto (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Arizona Society of Anesthesiologists, Canadian Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good Training, Being Flexible, Staying on Top of the Changes in Medicine
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, College Football, Cooking, Running
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Anesthesia
Dr. Stephen Andrew Chung MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Stephen Andrew Chung MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Stephen Andrew Chung MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chung
- Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Our lungs are separated from the chest cavity by a very thin membrane that folds onto itself, forming a two-layered membrane known as the pleura. Between the two layers is a small cavity known as the pleural membrane.This cavity is filled with a small quantity of lubricating fluid, the primary...
- What Should I Know About Hangovers?
Many of us seem to know how to enjoy the night out and avoid the most uncomfortable hangover symptoms. Some of the tips seem to work quite well, while few others are just not enough. Many alternatives leave you feeling worse than normal. Many feel that hangovers are not a huge concern. The reality...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Thomas J. Rick M.D.4441 E MCDOWELL RD PHOENIX AZ 85008
- Dr. Marc Morales MD7236 S CENTRAL AVE PHOENIX AZ 85042
- Todd Turley19636 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027
- Dr. Merrie Anne Hamburg-Eylers DO4002 E Main Street Mesa AZ 85205
- Dr. James Diede M.D.11024 N 28th Dr Phoenix AZ 85029
- Dr. David R Becker M. D.1625 E Northern Ave Phoenix AZ 85020