I am the Chief Medical Officer of LoCicero Medical Group, a multi-specialty private practice. In addition I serve as a medical director for an accredited (AADE) Diabetes Education Center and Weight Management Center.
My areas of expertise are Internal Medicine and Bariatrics.
Education and Training
University of South Florida
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Leading Physicians of the World, January 2015
- Summa Cum Laude, Duke University
- Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University
- Leading Physician of the World and Top Internist in Tampa, Florida 2015 Leading Physicians of the World
- Member/Weight Management Program Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Member American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Diplomate American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Internal Medicine and Bariatrics
- University of South Florida; VA Hospital Tampa
Professional Society Memberships
- Hillsborough County Medical Association, American Society of Bariatric Physicians
Articles and Publications
- The Role of Hormones in Weight Management, Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Author, Weight Management
What do you attribute your success to?
My father was a physician and was an influential role model. Although he practiced in an environment devoid of managed care, observing him practice was a rewarding experience that helped shape me into the physician I am today.
Areas of research
Disease Prevention, Lifestyle Choices, Weight Management
I am a strong advocate of preventing disease that can be prevented. I encourage my patients to undergo screening tests recommended for their age and family history.
Teaching and speaking
I currently serve as a clinical preceptor for the University of Florida College of Medicine, USF (Morsani) College of Medicine, University of Tampa, University of South Florida, Indiana University and for Loyola University (New Orleans) School of Nursing.
I have interviewed with numerous news and media organizations including NUTRINEWS, NBC Daytime, Medical Economics, Health Data Management, Money Magazine, Ivanhaoe News, WTVT Fox 13- Tampa, WFTS-TV ABC News- Tampa, and WCCO-TV CBS News- Minneapolis/St. Paul. In these news segments I discuss various healthcare concerns regarding the symptoms and treatments of diseases as well as how to maintain a healthy lifestyle through weight management. I also provide updates on the projects and improvements that are being implemented at LoCicero Medical Group to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Florida Keys or Caribbean
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- Lancet, American Journal of Medicine
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karon Locicero MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Locicero
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- What Are the Symptoms of Diarrhea?
Frequent bowel movement characterized by loose and watery stools is referred to as diarrhea. In simple terms, it is exactly opposite to constipation and this condition is very common. It is not very serious and can be treated by simple home remedies and over-the-counter medications. Diarrhea may be...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- What Are Roundworms?
What are roundworms?Roundworms are a type of parasitic worms that infect the human intestine. Roundworms may vary and size and have a characteristic long, round body. These parasitic worms can cause a number of health problems in humans. They can enter the human body through the mouth and direct...
- What Causes Night Sweats?
Night sweats refer to excessive sweating during the night, and they can transpire regardless of the temperature. Another term commonly used for night sweats is hot flashes....
- Dr. Margaret Theodore M.D.5420 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615
- Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD741 Martin Luther King Blvd. West Seffner Florida 33584
- Joseph Mario Solinas100 La Palma Court Venice Florida 34292
- Dr. Atta Butt MD3190 McMullen Booth Road Clearwater Florida 33761
- Dr. Andreas M. Grossgold M.D1301 2ND AVE SW LARGO FL 33770
- Dr. Matthew Michael Acton D.O.17523 Dale Mabry Hwy N Lutz FL 33548