I am the Chief Medical Officer of LoCicero Medical Group, a multi-specialty private practice. In addition I serve as a medical director for an accredited (AADE) Diabetes Education Center and Weight Management Center.
My areas of expertise are Internal Medicine and Bariatrics.
Education and Training
University of South Florida
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Leading Physicians of the World, January 2015
- Summa Cum Laude, Duke University
- Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University
- Leading Physician of the World and Top Internist in Tampa, Florida2015Leading Physicians of the World
- Member/Weight Management ProgramHillsborough County Medical Association
- MemberAmerican Society of Bariatric Physicians
- DiplomateAmerican Board of Obesity Medicine
- Internal Medicine and Bariatrics
- University of South Florida; VA Hospital Tampa
Professional Society Memberships
- Hillsborough County Medical Association, American Society of Bariatric Physicians
Articles and Publications
- The Role of Hormones in Weight Management, Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Author, Weight Management
What do you attribute your success to?
My father was a physician and was an influential role model. Although he practiced in an environment devoid of managed care, observing him practice was a rewarding experience that helped shape me into the physician I am today.
Areas of research
Disease Prevention, Lifestyle Choices, Weight Management
I am a strong advocate of preventing disease that can be prevented. I encourage my patients to undergo screening tests recommended for their age and family history.
Teaching and speaking
I currently serve as a clinical preceptor for the University of Florida College of Medicine, USF (Morsani) College of Medicine, University of Tampa, University of South Florida, Indiana University and for Loyola University (New Orleans) School of Nursing.
I have interviewed with numerous news and media organizations including NUTRINEWS, NBC Daytime, Medical Economics, Health Data Management, Money Magazine, Ivanhaoe News, WTVT Fox 13- Tampa, WFTS-TV ABC News- Tampa, and WCCO-TV CBS News- Minneapolis/St. Paul. In these news segments I discuss various healthcare concerns regarding the symptoms and treatments of diseases as well as how to maintain a healthy lifestyle through weight management. I also provide updates on the projects and improvements that are being implemented at LoCicero Medical Group to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Florida Keys or Caribbean
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- Lancet, American Journal of Medicine
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karon Locicero MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Locicero
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is of two types – herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 causes blisters and sores in and around mouth, referred to as cold sores, oral herpes, or fever blisters. In HSV-2 infection, sores are...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- Running Barefoot Has More Benefits
Running barefoot may be more beneficial than running with cushioned shoes, according to a study published in, Nature. Runners using cushioned shoes usually land on their heels when those running barefoot may land flat-foot or on the balls of their feet, say researchers. According to Daniel...
- Yellow Eyes: When to Be Concerned
IntroductionA person's eyes can offer personality insights, and at the same time, provide warning signs about the body's overall health. When the white portion of the eyes called sclera turns yellowish in color, it is often a signal that something is not right in the body. It also indicates a...
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- Dr. Marian Irizarry Febres MD 4340 West Hillsborough Tampa Florida 33614
- Dr. Margaret Theodore M.D. 5420 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615
- Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD 741 Martin Luther King Blvd. West Seffner Florida 33584
- Joseph Mario Solinas 100 La Palma Court Venice Florida 34292
- Dr. Atta Butt MD 3190 McMullen Booth Road Clearwater Florida 33761
- Dr. Andreas M. Grossgold M.D 401 Corbett Street Clearwater FL 33756