I am the Chief Medical Officer of LoCicero Medical Group, a multi-specialty private practice. In addition I serve as a medical director for an accredited (AADE) Diabetes Education Center and Weight Management Center.
My areas of expertise are Internal Medicine and Bariatrics.
Education and Training
University of South Florida
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Leading Physicians of the World, January 2015
- Summa Cum Laude, Duke University
- Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University
- Leading Physician of the World and Top Internist in Tampa, Florida 2015 Leading Physicians of the World
- Member/Weight Management Program Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Member American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Diplomate American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Internal Medicine and Bariatrics
- University of South Florida; VA Hospital Tampa
Professional Society Memberships
- Hillsborough County Medical Association, American Society of Bariatric Physicians
Articles and Publications
- The Role of Hormones in Weight Management, Health Benefits of Vitamin D
- Author, Weight Management
What do you attribute your success to?
My father was a physician and was an influential role model. Although he practiced in an environment devoid of managed care, observing him practice was a rewarding experience that helped shape me into the physician I am today.
Areas of research
Disease Prevention, Lifestyle Choices, Weight Management
I am a strong advocate of preventing disease that can be prevented. I encourage my patients to undergo screening tests recommended for their age and family history.
Teaching and speaking
I currently serve as a clinical preceptor for the University of Florida College of Medicine, USF (Morsani) College of Medicine, University of Tampa, University of South Florida, Indiana University and for Loyola University (New Orleans) School of Nursing.
I have interviewed with numerous news and media organizations including NUTRINEWS, NBC Daytime, Medical Economics, Health Data Management, Money Magazine, Ivanhaoe News, WTVT Fox 13- Tampa, WFTS-TV ABC News- Tampa, and WCCO-TV CBS News- Minneapolis/St. Paul. In these news segments I discuss various healthcare concerns regarding the symptoms and treatments of diseases as well as how to maintain a healthy lifestyle through weight management. I also provide updates on the projects and improvements that are being implemented at LoCicero Medical Group to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Florida Keys or Caribbean
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- Lancet, American Journal of Medicine
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karon Locicero MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karon Locicero MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Locicero
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Can Your Diet Affect Your Sleep?
Foods that you should eat to ensure a good night's sleep:...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- Is the Keratin Hair Treatment Safe?
Keratin hair treatment, or Brazilian treatment, seems to be the ideal method for most women. It smoothens out the frizz and curls from the hair and gives it a uniform texture. But this treatment is a temporary curl softening method. Normal hair straightening methods use harsh chemicals to make hair...
- Walk Your Way to a Healthy Life
Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise and does not require any equipment, other than a pair of good shoes.Julia Valentour, MS, exercise physiologist and program coordinator for the American Council on Exercise, suggests that exercise doesn't have to be hard to be very effective. If a...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Dr. Margaret Theodore M.D.5420 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615
- Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD741 Martin Luther King Blvd. West Seffner Florida 33584
- Joseph Mario Solinas100 La Palma Court Venice Florida 34292
- Dr. Atta Butt MD3190 McMullen Booth Road Clearwater Florida 33761
- Dr. Andreas M. Grossgold M.D401 Corbett Street Clearwater FL 33756
- Dr. Yvonne Santiago MD16590 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa FL 33618