Dr. William Lievens practices Neuropathology in Montgomery, Alabama. Dr. Lievens studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Miami
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology; American Board of Sleep Medicine- Sleep Medicine
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Alabama -
- Local and Regional Guest Lecturer, Grand Rounds -
- University of Alabama (Neurophysiology, Sleep Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Epilepsy Society, American Academy of Neurology
What do you attribute your success to?
His mentors, that have gone above and beyond, his family that raised him to learn ideals and ethics, and the opportunities presented to him.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Spending Time with Family
- Baptist Medical Center South
- Baptist Medical Center East
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.'s Practice location
Montgomery, Alabama 36111Get Direction
MONTGOMERY, AL 36109Get Direction
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. William E. Lievens M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lievens
- Epilepsy and Seizure Medicines
There are various medications that can help prevent or cease seizures. These drugs are called anti-seizure drugs or anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs). The use of these drugs is the most common technique in treating epilepsy. In fact, anti-epileptic drugs are the first line of treatment for epilepsy. These...
- Researchers Discover Algorithm for Early Diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a type of condition that affects the brain wherein a low level of dopamine would limit the person’s movement. This low dopamine level would be the main cause of Parkinson’s disease as a whole, although it is still not known as to what causes the low levels of dopamine in...
- Free Online Seminar on Intimacy for Parkinson's Patients
Chronic and degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, lupus, and fibromyalgia, among many others, may dramatically alter the patient’s way of life in order to compensate for their symptoms. Said diseases may cause significant changes in their daily habits, and even make...
- Antidepressants Could Delay Parkinson's Progression
Antidepressants have many uses beyond what their labels may say that they do. Some of the beneficial side effects are well documented and everyone knows about them. But sometimes medications, and not just antidepressants, are prescribed by doctors for off-label usage that is not approved by the FDA....
- What a Migraine Really Is: Know the Facts
What is a migraine?A migraine refers to a type of headache, which commonly attacks one side of the head, although the condition can also happen on both sides of the head. Migraine pain is always intense, throbbing, and severe. If you have a migraine, you are also likely to experience a headache that...
- Microdystrophin: An Advent in Muscular Dystrophy Therapy
Muscular dystrophy is a term used to describe a group of hereditary illnesses that affect normal muscle formation in the body. It causes the muscles to gradually and progressively weaken over time. This is due to mutations in the genes that are responsible for the production of proteins needed for...
- Dr. Hamp H. Greene III M.D.4225 Narrow Lane Road Montgomery Alabama 36111
- Dr. Leah Ouano Sanchez MD1722 Pine St. . Montgomery AL 36106
- Mr. Stephen Patrick Suggs MD4225 Narrow Lane Rd Montgomery AL 36111
- Dr. William Joseph Leuschke MD2010normandie Drive Montgomery AL 36111
- Dr. Reuben C Richardson MD300 Taylor Rd Montgomery AL 36117
- Dr. Margaret Sellers-bok M.D.1110 Westmoreland Ave Montgomery AL 36106