Dr. Richard D. Hammer MD
Hematologist-Pathologist | Hematology1 Hospital Drive Columbia Missouri, 65212
Dr. Richard Hammer is a hematology pathologist practicing in Columbia, Missouri. Dr. Hammer specializes in reviewing blood samples and interpreting laboratory results. These results give them an idea of whether certain diseases are malignant or not, in order for them to properly determine what exact treatment is needed. Hematology pathologists are normally experts in leukemia, lymphoma, anemia, hemophilia and many other blood diseases.
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1988
American Board of Pathology- Hematopathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Images in clinical medicine: Morphologic changes in erythrocytes in hypertriglyceridemia.
- Association of long-term tacrolimus (FK506) therapy with abnormal megakaryocytosis, bone marrow fibrosis, and dyserythropoiesis.
- Failure of the Platelet Function Assay (PFA)-100 to detect antiplatelet agents.
- A Biphasic Pleural Tumor with Features of an Epithelioid and Small Cell Mesothelioma: Morphologic and Molecular Findings.
- Platelet adenosine diphosphate inhibition in trauma patients by thromboelastography correlates with paradoxical increase in platelet dense granule content by flow cytometry.
- Early diagnosis of Ehrlichia ewingii infection in a lung transplant recipient by peripheral blood smear.
- Accuracy and Reproducibility of Nuclear/Cytoplasmic Ratio Assessments in Urinary Cytology Specimens.
- Identification and Validation of a PD-L1 Binding Peptide for Determination of PDL1 Expression in Tumors.
- Young donor white blood cell immunotherapy induces extensive tumor necrosis in advanced-stage solid tumors.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt University
Professional Society Memberships
- Texas Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Articles Published, New England Journal of Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Solving Problems, Using Advanced Technologies, Continued Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Cooking, Movies, Outdoor Activities
Dr. Richard D. Hammer MD's Practice location
Columbia, Missouri 65212Get Direction
Austin, TX 78754Get Direction
Austin, TX 78731Get Direction
Dr. Richard D. Hammer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hammer
- What Are Gallstones: Get the Facts
Formed in the gallbladder, gallstones are compact, “stone”-like substances. In size, gallstones can be compared to either a golf ball or a grain of sand. They can be produced by the gallbladder as a single large stone, many small sized stones, or both.Just beneath the liver’s lobe, on the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Does an Enlarged Heart Affect Health?
Enlarged heart or cardiomegaly is an indication of an underlying condition rather than a disease in itself. Enlargement makes the heart work harder than normal and weakens the heart muscles after a period of time. An enlarged heart has a number of causes including hypertension and coronary artery...
- Potential New Target Found for Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Being diagnosed with any form of cancer is a scary event that can turn a person’s world upside down. While cancer is never good, there are certain forms of the disease that are more threatening than others.When it comes to women, especially post-menopausal women, endometrial cancer can be one of...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- What to Expect if You Need a Hysterectomy
What is Uterus?Uterus is a hollow muscular and inverted pear shaped structure. It lies in the pelvic cavity between the urinary bladder and the rectum. It is attached by ligaments to the pelvic wall. The uterus consists of a body called corpus a narrow uterine cavity called internal Os and the...