Dr. Umer Sayeed-Shah is a cardiologist practicing in Southborough, Massachusetts. Dr. Sayeed-Shah specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sayeed-Shah also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1990
American Board of Surgery- Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Pioneer in Laser Thermolysis, Received International Recognition -
- Director, Harvard Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery -
- Yale New Haven Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; St Vincent'S Med Ctr, General Surgery; Boston Univ Med Ctr/Univ Hp, General Surgery
- New York Medical College (Surgery); Yale University (Cardiovascular, Thoracic Surgery)
- Mayo Clinic
- Harvard University; Brigham and Women's Hospital (Cardiovascular Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia (Charter Member)
Articles and Publications
- Numberous Patents
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having worked with successful people that were generous in sharing their knowledge over the years.
Hobbies / Sports
- Running, Golfing, Boating
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, American Heart Association Journal, Annals of Thoracic Surgery
Umer Sayeed-Shah MD's Practice location
Southborough, Massachusetts 01772Get Direction
Wheeling, WV 26003Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Umer Sayeed-Shah MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Umer Sayeed-Shah MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sayeed-Shah
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
Numerous products that contain flax seeds are now hitting the market every other day and claim to provide additional health benefits. Flax seeds are now hailed as the new super food that helps to fight a number of diseases, including heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Although these seeds have...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While a lot think that this isn’t really anything to worry about, there are some studies that may link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea happens to be a very common sleeping disorder...
- Hani Sabbour M.D.25 John A Cummings Way Woonsocket Rhode Island 2895
- Philip Podrid MD88 East Newton Street Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Kimberly Ann Parks DO300 Boylston Street Newton MA 02459
- Juyong Lee MD/PHD115 Lincoln St Framingham MA 01702
- Matthew Edward Mcguiness MD330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Ira S Ockene M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655