Dr. Benjamin Silverman is a psychiatrist practicing in Newton, Massachusetts. Dr. Silverman is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Silverman diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Silverman may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Silverman treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, Harvard Medical School, 2012, 2013
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins University
- Partners HealthCare (Addiction Psychiatry); Harvard University Medical Center (Bioethics)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
- Books, Articles, Chapters Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Great Family Support
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, Art, Museums
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine
- McLean Hospital
Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD's Practice location
Newton, Massachusetts 02459 Get Direction
Boston, MA 02114 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- The Burden of ADHD
Although a child might not feel any different after being diagnosed with ADHD, the diagnosis truly affects his or her parents. For parentsYou will probably require special training by a specialist in ADHD to learn how to cope with your child’s condition. The specialist who diagnosed your child...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- Are You Dating a Sociopath?
The following are some traits that will show you are dating a sociopath:1. Charismatic and charmingImage is everything for a sociopath. The priority for a sociopath is the image that he or she gives to the world. They have a very charismatic and charming nature, and will try to constantly flatter...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD 1342 Belmont St Brockton Massachusetts 02301
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant Street Arlington Massachusetts 02476-6535