Dr. Benjamin Silverman is a psychiatrist practicing in Newton, Massachusetts. Dr. Silverman is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Silverman diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Silverman may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Silverman treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching, Harvard Medical School, 2012, 2013
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins University
- Partners HealthCare (Addiction Psychiatry); Harvard University Medical Center (Bioethics)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
- Books, Articles, Chapters Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Great Family Support
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, Art, Museums
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine
- McLean Hospital
Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD's Practice location
Newton, Massachusetts 02459 Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02114 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Dr. Shailendra Singh M.B.B.S. 12 HOSPITAL CIR BATESVILLE AR 72501
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD 1342 Belmont St Brockton MA 02301
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts St Newton MA 02458