Byron Scott Dooley, MD, maintains a position at Northeast Pediatric Associates located in San Antonio, Texas. Within Northeast Pediatric Associates several services are offered including preventive healthcare through regular physical examinations, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, and parent education and guidance. Dr. Dooley has been a dedicated pediatrician for over 25 years, having attained Board certification in the field. Dr. Dooley additionally is on staff at North Central and Northeast Baptist Hospitals, as well as Methodist Hospital; offering his skill and care to patients in the area.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 1987
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Mr. Byron Dooley MD's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Bexar Co Hosp Dist
- University Health System
- Bexar County Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Texas Medical Association, Bexar County Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Hiking, Water Sports
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Pediatrics Journal
- North Central Baptist Hospital
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Mr. Byron Dooley MD's Practice location
San Antonio, Texas 78258Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78258Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mr. Byron Dooley MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. Byron Dooley MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- What Is Breast Milk Jaundice?
Jaundice is a very common disorder in newborns. Actually, about 60% of infants experience jaundice within the initial days after birth. It develops when there is a high level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a yellowish pigment released when the red blood cells are broken down.Normally,...
- How to Prepare for an Adenoidectomy
Adenoidectomy is an operation performed to remove one's adenoids. Most of the time, adenoidectomy is done to children. Although rare, the procedure can be done to adults as well. When do adenoids need to be removed?Due to bacteria, viruses, or allergic reactions, your child might have enlarged...
- Understanding Social Communication Disorder Could Benefit Autism Diagnosis
The definition of autism is ever redefined. As doctors, researchers, and parents learn more and more about this neurodevelopmental disorder, it’s essential to reevaluate past knowledge and ideas. This is especially important with autism as it is not a simple on-off disease, but rather, encompasses...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Is It a Mistake to Give Melatonin to Children with Autism?
Dr. David Clark, the Director of the Center for Autism Recovery in Dallas, TX believes that it is a mistake to give melatonin to children with autism.Melatonin has received recent attention for helping people get to sleep easier. It is made by a gland in the brain that seems to elicit sleep hormones...
- Dr. Meena Chintapalli M.D, FAAP1314 East Sonterra Blvd. San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Leah A. Mercado MD9793 Culebra Rd San Antonio Texas 78251
- Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia M.D.4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Arathi Shah1707 Fire Cracker San Antonio Texas 78260
- Margarita Vasquez25715 Clyde Rock Boerne Texas 78006
- Dr. Soheir Girgis M.D.3750 Commercial Avenue San Antonio Texas 78221