Dr. Paul Dassow is a family practitioner practicing in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Dr. Dassow specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Dassow possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Washington University at St. Louis
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1990
American Board of Family Medicine- Family Medicine
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Bridges to Excellence Recognition, 2014-2017
- NCQA Physician Practice Connection, 2014-2017
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Opiate Dependence
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Scott Medical Center
- University of Kentucky
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
Articles and Publications
- 8 Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Love for Clinical Excellence, Best Care for Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Master Swimming, Competitions, Traveling
Dr. Paul L. Dassow MD's Practice location
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40509Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul L. Dassow MD | Family Practitioner | Obesity Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul L. Dassow MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dassow
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- What If I Refuse to Vaccinate My Baby?
What are vaccine exemptions?There are state laws that establish compulsory vaccination for school children both studying in public and private schools as well as daycare facilities. However, certain exemptions may be offered for religious and personal or conscientious reasons in some states. What...
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Dr. Monica Susan Hall MD3260 Blazer Parkway Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Joseph E Gerhardstein M.D.1775 Alysheba Way Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Usha Rani Gutti M.D.100 N Eagle Creek Dr Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Keith T Applegate M.D.1775 Alysheba Way Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Wesley W Johnson M.D.1775 Alysheba Way Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Diana C Hayslip MD1775 Alysheba Way Lexington KY 40509