Emily D. Kucera MD
Radiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Radiology2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri, 64108
Dr. Emily Kucera practices Pediatric Radiology in Kansas City, Missouri. A pediatric radiologist is an expert in the diagnosis of illnesses, injuries, and diseases of infants, children, and adolescents, using imaging techniques and equipment. Dr. Kucera has expertise in selecting the best imaging techniques to diagnose medical and surgical problems. Some of those techniques include x-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1991
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
American Board of Radiology- Diagnostic Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Pediatric Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound (sonogram)
- Pediatric Radiology, Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN 1997
- University of Nebraska
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health (Pediatric Radiology)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society for Pediatric Radiology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Treating People as She Would Treat her Family
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time with Family (5 Children), Exercising
Favorite professional publications
- Pediatric Radiology Journal
Emily D. Kucera MD's Practice location
Kansas City, Missouri 64108Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68124Get Direction
- Endometriosis: When Should I See a Doctor?
Endometriosis is a serious disease in which a woman tends to have an abnormal growth of the endometrial tissues outside the uterus. If you have any symptoms, you should see a doctor immediately. If you have pain during your period that is different than the previous cases, you can wait until the...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Heart Issues
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is not just a painful autoimmune disease that can greatly impact an individual’s quality of life. This disease also comes with some increased risk factors that people should be aware of. RA is associated with increased risk of death that is related to an increased risk of...
- What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
When the immune system attacks the joints, it will cause inflammation. As a result, the synovium (inside lining of the joint that lubricates and helps the joints to move smoothly) thickens. This will then lead to swelling and pain in and around the joints.If inflammation persists, it can damage the...
- Alternative Treatments for Fibroids
Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumors occurring on the uterine walls of women. Fibroids start as small growths that later develop into the size of a grapefruit before the accompanying symptoms become visible, prompting the individual to seek medication. Fibroids are fairly common in women above...
- Hope for Recurring Ovarian Cancer Patients
Ovarian cancer, known as the ‘silent killer’, is the 5th leading cause of cancer-related deaths among women ages 35 to 74. As of this year, it is estimated that more than 22,000 new cases of ovarian cancer will be diagnosed. ...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Manish Krishna Kotecha MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Megan Mcdonald D.O.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Brian S Dunoski MD2401 GILLHAM RD KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Christopher Paul Keup M.D.2411 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108
- Joshua Q Knowlton M.D., MPH2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Steven Welch M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108