Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care.
Single Ventricle Followup
Simulation Based education
Multidisciplinary team training
Education and Training
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
American Board of Cardiology- Pediatric Cardiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures and Teaches Locally -
- Teaching Awards from Peers for Residency and Fellowship, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Magna Cum Laude
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Postoperative and preoperative management of patients with Congenital Heart Disease. Outpatient management of patients with single ventricle anatomy.
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Medical University of South Carolina; Texas Children' s Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Heart Association, Society of Critical Care Medicine, International Pediatric Simulation Society
Articles and Publications
- Abstracts, Research, Presentations Published
What do you attribute your success to?
The Diversity in her Training, Experiences, Remaining Open to Changes in the Medical Field
Areas of research
Outcomes after Pediatric congenital heart surgery.
Effects of Simulation Based teamtraining on patient outcomes.
Pulmonary hypertension in Congenital heart disease.
Postoperative management of Fontan patients.
Save the Children
Sisters by Heart
Teaching and speaking
CVICU Advanced Simulation Course – Co- Director
Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
Organized and taught advanced simulation course at MERI institute. Participants included CVICU Nursing staff, Respiratory therapists, Critical Care and Cardiology Fellows. January 2011
2nd Annual Simulation Course- 8/2012- Course Director
3rd Annual Simulation Course- 9/2013- Course Director
4th Annual Simulation Course- 9/2014 Course Director
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Reading, Hiking
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Pediatric Critical Care Medical Journal
Dr. Mayte I. Figueroa MD's Practice location
Memphis, Tennessee 38103Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Fort Worth, TX 76104Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mayte I. Figueroa MD | Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mayte I. Figueroa MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Jeffrey A. Towbin MD51 N DUNLAP ST FL 2 MEMPHIS TN 38105
- William M. Novick1750 Madison Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104
- Dr. Nancy Chase M.D.805 Estate Place Memphis Tennessee 38120
- Dr. Thomas K Chin MD1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132
- Dr. Michael A Rebolledo M.D.848 ADAMS AVE MEMPHIS TN 38103
- Johnny Lynn Jefferies M.D.1211 UNION AVE STE 965 MEMPHIS TN 38104