Dr. Garnett Headley is an anesthesiologist practicing in New York, New York. Dr. Headley ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Headley also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1988
American Board of Anesthesiology- General Anesthesiology
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Areas of expertise and specialization
- St Luke'S-Roosevelt Hsp Ctr, Anesthesiology; St Luke'S-Roosevelt Hsp Ctr, General Surgery; Mount Vernon Hosp, Internal Medicine
- St. Luke's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, American Society of Anesthesiologists
What do you attribute your success to?
- Desire and Being Passionate
Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Headley
- Lower Back Pain: What is it?
Lower back pain is a very common presentation among the elderly population. The lower back is the connection between the upper body and the lower body and it bears most of the body’s weight.Lower back pain can be caused due to various causes affecting the spinal muscles, nerves, bones, the...
- Wisconsin Woman with Lupus Participates in Second Ironman Competition
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease. It occurs when the body’s immune system attacks healthy tissues and organs rather than viruses. Symptoms vary greatly, which is part of why it is so hard to diagnose. 1.5 million people in the United States alone live with diagnosed Lupus.What is the Ironman...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Chandrakant M. Patel M.D.25 Rockwood Place Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jay R. Shayevitz M.D.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Donald A. Baldovin475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305
- Dr. David G. Conyack D.O.200 South Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07052
- Dr. Joseph Schianodicola MD506 6th Street Brooklyn New York 11215
- Dr. Brian Bannister MD405 Northfield Avenue West Orange NJ 07052