Harvey L. Katz, DPM, is an affiliate Podiatrist of Gramercy Surgery Center, Mercy College. His expertise includes the areas of Reconstructive Surgery and Corrective Surgery. Katz holds certifications of Diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine- Podiatric Medicine; DPM and professional society memberships of Downtown Alliance Group, Nassau County Medical Reserve Corps., American Podiatric Medical Association and New York State Podiatric Medical Association.
Education and Training
New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine- Podiatric Medicine; DPM (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Teaching, Residents -
- Board of Directors, Gramercy Surgery Center -
- Consultant, Hudson Valley Rehabilitation & Extended Care Center -
- Co Director, Department of Podiatry, Mercy Medical Center -
- Fellow American College of Foot Orthopedics
- Mount Sinai Hospital 1985
Professional Society Memberships
- Downtown Alliance Group, Nassau County Medical Reserve Corps., American Podiatric Medical Association, New York State Podiatric Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Always Wanting to Learn and Keeping an Open Mind
- Gramercy Surgery Center
- Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Harvey L. Katz DDS's Practice location
New York, New York 10038Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10010Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Harvey L. Katz DDS | Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Harvey L. Katz DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- Dr. Arianna Sabghir DPM251 Central Park West New York New York 10024
- Dr. Shazia Amar DPM1435 86th St Brooklyn NY 11228
- Dr. Lauren Grossman DPM363 Grand Ave Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Kelvin A Barry D.P.M.5321 Flatlands Avenue Brooklyn NY 11234
- Dr. Jeffrey Miller DPM1117 Rout 46 East Clifton New Jersey 7013
- Diana Matta4960 Broadway New York New York 10034