Dr. Neil Niren is a dermatologist practicing in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Niren specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Niren diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University B.A. Natural Science 1974
Creighton University M.D. 1978
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Advisory board - Medical consultant -
- Assistant professor - Pittford University -
- Advisory Board Consultant
- National Top Doctor Award
- Leading Physician Of The World 2015 International Association of Dermatologists
- Top Dermatologist of Pennsylvania 2015 International Association of Dermatologists
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Mohs Surgery
- Actinic Keratosis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Cyst Excision
- Eczema Therapy
- Filler: Bellafill
- Filler: Belotero
- Filler: Botox Cosmetic & Dysport
- Filler: Juvederm
- Filler: Perlane
- Filler: Radiesse
- Filler: Restylane
- Filler: Sculptra
- Filler: Voluma
- Hair And Nail Disorders
- Herpes Simples & Herpes Zoster
- Immunotherapy For Warts
- Levulan Kerastick
- Lichen Planus
- Mole Mapping
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Pityriasis Rosea
- Pre-cancerous Skin Lesions
- Rosacea Treatment
- Skin Allergies
- Skin Biopsies
- Skin Cancer Screenings And Surgery
- Skin Treatments For Infections
- Specialized Acne Treatments
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Superficial Chemical Peels
- Tca Medium-depth Chemical Peels
- Urticarvia Hives
- Wart Immunotherapy
- Wart Removal
- Professional Member Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology
- Professional Member International Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Professional Member American Academy of Dermatology
- Professional Member American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Professional Member American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Professional Member Illinois State Medical Society
- Professional Member International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Professional Member Chicago Dermatologic Society
- Professional Member Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology
- Harvard University – (Cambridge Hospital) Medical Residency 1979
- Cook County Hospital Dermatology 1982
- Cambridge Hospital Harvard University - 1979 / Cook County Hospital - 1982
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology / American Society for Mohs Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
- My final professors and training
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Dr. Neil Niren MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15237Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Neil Niren MD | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Neil Niren MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Niren
Get to know Dermatologist Dr. Neil M. Niren, who serves patients in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Niren is a renowned board-certified dermatologist who is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions of the skin, hair, and nails in adult and pediatric patients. From treating frown lines or wrinkles, restoring a more even skin tone or chemically rejuvenating the skin for a more youthful appearance, he takes pride in earning the confidence of his patients.
With a never-ending pursuit for advancement, the doctor draws clientele from all over the world to his private practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Specializing in the treatment and prevention of skin cancers, he often saves lives with the safest and most effective medical procedures. And as a specialist in skin rejuvenation and hair transplantation, his practice also enhances lives using state-of-the-art dermatological equipment and products that ensure the best results.
Alongside his clinical role, Dr. Niren has been serving as a Clinical Instructor at the American University of the Caribbean since 1994 and as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Pittsburgh since 1999.
Keeping a professional eye on the future of his profession, he remains a member of numerous professional organizations, including the Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology, the International Society of Dermatologic Surgery, the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, the American Society for Mohs Surgery, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, the Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology, and Alpha Epsilon Delta.
Following the completion of his Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Natural Sciences from Johns Hopkins University in 1974, Dr. Niren earned his medical degree from the Creighton University School of Medicine in 1978. He then went on to complete his medical residency at Harvard University (Cambridge Hospital) in 1979, followed by his residency in dermatology at Cook County Hospital in 1982. He has earned the prestige of training in Mohs micrographic and reconstructive surgery, the most effective skin cancer treatment in the world.
Deeply committed to his work, the doctor is board-certified in dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology (ABD). The ABD is a voluntary, non-profit, private, autonomous organization formed for the primary purpose of protecting the public interest by establishing and maintaining high standards of training, education, and qualifications of physicians rendering care in dermatology.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin. The skin is the largest organ of the body. Dermatology is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist is a specialist doctor who manages skin diseases and deals with both internal and external causes and some cosmetic concerns involving the skin. Dermatological duties include taking consultations, providing screening tests, and undertaking non-invasive surgical procedures.
Among his numerous accolades, Dr. Niren is the recipient of the National Top Doctor Award, as well as has been recognized as a Leading Physician of the World and as a Top Dermatologist of Pennsylvania by the International Association of Dermatologists (2015). He has also conducted multiple research activities, publications, and medical school lectures throughout his line of work.
Outside of the office, Dr. Niren enjoys reading. His favorite professional publication is the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. He attributes his success to his professors and his training.
- How to Combat Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, sometimes referred to as eczema, is a common and frustrating skin condition characterized by inflammation, dry skin, and rashes. It is a kind of allergy that affects the body’s first line of defense against infectious agents. It is more commonly seen in children; they normally...
- How do I Get Rid of Blackheads?
How do I Get Rid of Blackheads?Blackheads – what are they good for? Don’t you feel like you can see them but cannot do anything about them? Now your friend has a chance to point out that your face is not so clear after all! If only you could banish them completely! Understanding these...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Basics for Glowing Skin
Many of us become overwhelmed at the thought of the skincare routine necessary for glowing skin, including exfoliation, hydration, moisturization, and cleansing. But there are some simple steps that can help you protect and pamper your skin within minutes.Wash your skin every dayCleaning the skin...
- Is Candidiasis of the Skin Contagious?
What is candidiasis of the skin?There are various types of bacteria and fungi that thrive on the skin. Strangely, these bacteria and fungi are a part of the natural environment and many of them help the body carry out normal functions. However, some of these bacteria and fungi can negatively react...
- 5 Tips on Living with Rosacea
The redness, swelling, and a seemingly acne breakout on your face can make you feel emotionally down. As a result, your self-confidence and self-esteem will drop, taking a toll on you. This condition could be mentally depressing and a very hard condition to live with. However, you can turn this...
- Dr. Douglas W. Kress MD11279 PERRY HWY WEXFORD PA 15090
- Dr. Matthew Shane Petrie M.D.3055 WASHINGTON RD MC MURRAY PA 15317
- Dr. Christina Marie Wahlgren M.D.3601 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Diane W. Inserra MD651 Holiday Dr Pittsburgh PA 15220
- Dr. Judith Ann Small MD420 E North Ave Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Dr. Debra Tanner Abell MD11676 Perry Hwy Wexford PA 15090