Erlinda L. Koo, MD, is an experienced pediatrician with extensive expertise in all facets of her specialty, particularly newborn asthma. She has been in practice for more than four decades and currently serves patients at her private practice in Monterey Park, California. She is also on staff at Garfield Medical Center. Dr. Koo earned her medical degree at the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines. She then relocated to the US to complete her internship at UPMC Shadyside Hospital, residency at Maimonides Medical Center, and fellowship at Kings County Hospital Center. Dr. Koo speaks locally to colleagues on her expertise and has obtained dual certification from the esteemed American Board of Pediatrics.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1966
The American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local lecturing and public speaking. -
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Ear Wax
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Pediatrics; Maimonides Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Shadyside Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- PCOM/UPMC Shadyside Hospital Program
- Maimonides Medical Center
- UPMC Shadyside Hospital
- Kings County Hospital Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dr. Koo attributes her success to her devotion to her patients and their families.
Hobbies / Sports
- Collecting Stamps
- Garfield Medical Center
Ms. Erlinda L. Koo MD's Practice location
Monterey Park, California 91754Get Direction
MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Ms. Erlinda L. Koo MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Ms. Erlinda L. Koo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koo
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- How Long Should my Child Be Sleeping?
The amount of sleep a child needs varies depending on the child and the child's age.1-4 weeks oldNewborns usually sleep for 15 to 18 hours per day, but this sleep usually occurs in short periods of two to four hours at a time. The duration of sleep is generally longer for babies who are born...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Judy A. Hunter M.D.3565 Del Amo Blvd Torrance CA 90503
- Joel M. Warsh11650 Riverside Dr. Studio City California 91602
- Nord S. Nation2880 Atlantic Avenue Long Beach California 90806
- Dr. Victor A Kevorkian M.D.14111 Van Ness Ave Gardena California 90249
- Dr. Cigal Shaham M.D., M.SC.6221 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles California 90048
- Dr. Marilyn M. Lange MARILYN LANGE10620 Riverside Drive Burbank California 91505