Dr. Tamara Pylawka is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Quincy, Illinois. Dr. Pylawka specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Pylawka tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Dr. Tamara Kimberlee Pylawka, MD, MS's Videos
Education and Training
Rush Medical College
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local lecturing and public speaking clinical and research interests on sports medicine. -
- Pennsylvania State University / College of Medicine
- Penn State College of Medicine
- Brigham and Women\'s Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Medical Association, International Cartilage Repair Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Tamara attributes her success to her parents, mother, support and work ethic and continued hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Painting,Drawing,Outdoor Activities
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, The American Journal of Sports Medicine
Dr. Tamara Kimberlee Pylawka, MD, MS's Practice location
MARION, IN 46952Get Direction
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Arthritis: Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement
What is arthroplasty?As the name suggests, arthroplasty is a procedure that is performed on the joints. These procedures are limited. Therefore, arthroplasty is usually the last option for the patient as well as the physician. The purpose of arthroplasty is to repair stiffened joints, relieve pain,...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- Dr. Christopher Dupuis M.D.1025 MAINE ST QUINCY IL 62301
- Dr. Curtis Dale Burton M.D.188 Medical Dr Hannibal MO 63401
- Dr. Christopher Michael Bieniek M.D.188 Medical Dr Hannibal MO 63401
- Dr. Richard Leo Baumann M.D.188 Medical Dr Hannibal MO 63401
- Dr. Pierrejean Lattanzio MD927 Broadway St Quincy IL 62301
- Dr. George E. Crickard MD1025 Maine St Quincy IL 62301