Dr. Maia Mamamtavrishvili is a psychiatrist practicing in New York, New York. Dr. Mamamtavrishvili is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Mamamtavrishvili diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Mamamtavrishvili may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Mamamtavrishvili treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Tbilisi State Medical University
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture-Teaching, Lectures Presentations -
Professional Society Memberships
- Diplomat of American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Trauma Committee
What do you attribute your success to?
- Maia attributes her success to determination, curiosity, passion for work and welcoming challenges.
Hobbies / Sports
- The Ballet, Travel, Music, The Arts and Culture
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Physiology, Journal of Psychosomatic Research, The Green Journal
Maia Mamamtavrishvili's Practice location
New York, New York 10032Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Maia Mamamtavrishvili | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Maia Mamamtavrishvili's reviewsWrite Review
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- ADHD in Children
ADHD usually develops during childhood, and there have been no cases of the condition occurring in adults who didn’t have it in their childhood. As a result, ADHD is best diagnosed and managed during childhood and for the rest of the life. When it comes to spotting ADHD symptoms in children, the...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD191 Linden Farms Rd Locust Valley New York 11560
- Barbara Bartlick865 West End Avenue New York NY 10025
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.FIRST AVENUE AT 16TH STREET NEW YORK NY 10003
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.38 Winthrop Pl Staten Island NY 10314
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.163 ENGLE ST STE 4A ENGLEWOOD NJ 07631