Teresa Beatriz Alfonso, MD, maintains a position at T.A. Medical Group located in Miami, Florida. She is a well-versed internist, serving patients for over 25 years of experience treating and diagnosing adult diseases. Dr. Alfonso is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, and has had the honor of being invited to the White House. Over the course of her career, Dr. Alfonso was recognized as a Top Resident Award for the Harvey Memorial Fund's Medical Department, also speaking around the globe on her expertise.
Education and Training
University of Havana
Universidad de Ciencias MÈdicas de la Habana 1987
American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture -
- Top Resident Award, Harvey Memorial Fund-Medical Department
- Invitation received to be honored by the White House
- Bipolar Disorder
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Opiate Dependence
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Universidad Central del Caribe 1996-2000
- Coral Gables Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Teresa attributes her success to family support, making a difference and education technology.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical publications, books, journals
Dr. Teresa B. Alfonso M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Teresa B. Alfonso M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Teresa B. Alfonso M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alfonso
- Kimchi's Health Benefits and More
Kimchi is a Korean side dish made with salted and fermented vegetables. This Korean staple side dish usually has cabbage, radish, garlic, ginger, and various seafood, with spices and seasonings. In the past, kimchi was stored in jars and buried in the ground to stay at a certain temperature suitable...
- Lactose Intolerance vs. IBS
OverviewIrritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder that can be mistaken for lactose intolerance and other digestive issues. Know the differences between these disorders to find relief and effective treatment. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) has a variety of potential causes....
- IP 466 White Pill
IntroductionThe IP 466 pill is a capsule-shaped white pill, which has been identified to contain ibuprofen in the strength of 800 mg. This medicine is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The pill is 19 mm in size and is made available either over-the-counter or through prescription. Doctors usually...
- What Is Ringworm?
Ringworm, or tinea, refers to a fungal infection of the skin. The term ‘worm’ is derived from the old belief that the disease was caused by a worm. The term ‘ring’ refers to the characteristic ring-shaped patches produced by the fungus on the skin. Infection is often found in the outer layer...
- What Does Dark Stool Mean?
A dark stool refers to a stool that is either black or dark red in color. You may pass dark bowel movements after consuming dark-colored foods or when an injury or bleeding is present in your gastrointestinal tract. If you pass dark or bloody stools, see your doctor immediately to rule out serious...
- What are the Health Benefits of the Consumption of Pumpkins?
Pumpkins come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Orange or yellow, dark or pale green, these fruits offer loads of health benefits.Health Benefits of Pumpkins...
- Dr. Homero G. Rivero M.D.7980 SW 24TH ST MIAMI FL 33155
- Dr. Oliver Di Pietro M.D.1045 95th Street Bay Harbor Islands Florida 33154
- Dr. Alejandro Loynaz MD2601 Southwest 37th Avenue Miami Florida 33133
- Dr. Kumar Rajagopalan MD3816 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood Florida 3302
- Dr. Teresa Martinez M.D7811 Sw 24th St Miami FL 33155
- Richard A. Elias MD3801 BISCAYNE BLVD MIAMI FL 33137