Adedoyin I. Shonekan, MD, FACOG, maintains a position with Simmonds Martin and Helmbrecht, a private practice, where she works as an obstetrician and gynecologist. Areas of expertise include hypertension, diabetes, contraceptives, and OBGYN. Dr. Shonekan is additionally affiliated with Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and Frederick Memorial Hospital. After receiving her medical degree from the University of Tennessee, she continued her studies at the university with an internship and residency. Dr. Shonekan is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Education and Training
University of Tennessee
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of Tennessee 2007
- University of Tennessee 2002-2003
What do you attribute your success to?
- Adedoyin attributes her success to love of what she does and her huge desire to help and educate women.
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital; Frederick Memorial Hospital
Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.'s Practice location
Damascus, Maryland 20872Get Direction
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shonekan
- What to Expect During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
When a woman gets pregnant, there are numerous physical changes that occur in her body. These changes are essential to support fetal development and prepare the body for labor.Most women consider the second trimester as the easiest months during pregnancy. This is their favorite time of their...
- Cholesterol Drugs Could Treat Ovarian Cancer, New Research Suggests
What are statins?Statins are medications that are commonly used to treat low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the blood. LDL cholesterol is commonly known as “bad cholesterol” and statins help to reduce its production inside the liver. More than 30% of Americans have high levels of LDL...
- What is a Cervical Ablation?
Cervical ablation is a procedure that involves the removal of the cervix’s exterior layers. The procedure is carried out when cervical cancer is noticed or suspected. If unusual cells are detected on the cervix’s surface during a pap smear, cervical ablation is used to establish if the abnormal...
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- How to Get Rid of Smegma?
What is Smegma?In uncircumcised males, smegma is a sebaceous matter made up of oil and dead skin cells, which accumulates under the foreskin. In females, it accumulates around the folds of the labia. It is not a serious condition and not a sexually transmitted infection. However, a smegma buildup...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Dr. Michael Paul Vietz M.D.1380 Progress Way Eldersburg Maryland 21784
- Dr. Kerry Ann Hudson MD8901 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20889
- Dr. Glynn M. Thompson MD655 Watkins Mill Road Gaithersburg MD 20879
- Dr. Steve Yu M.D.8911 Shady Grove Ct Gaithersburg MD 20877
- Rafat Abbasi10215 Fernwood Road Bethesda Maryland 20817
- Dr. Leonard Bienkowski MD2557 Bear Den Road Frederick Maryland 21701