Adedoyin I. Shonekan, MD, FACOG, maintains a position with Simmonds Martin and Helmbrecht, a private practice, where she works as an obstetrician and gynecologist. Areas of expertise include hypertension, diabetes, contraceptives, and OBGYN. Dr. Shonekan is additionally affiliated with Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and Frederick Memorial Hospital. After receiving her medical degree from the University of Tennessee, she continued her studies at the university with an internship and residency. Dr. Shonekan is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of Tennessee
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of Tennessee 2002-2003
What do you attribute your success to?
- Adedoyin attributes her success to love of what she does and her huge desire to help and educate women.
Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.'s Practice location
Damascus, Maryland 20872Get Direction
FREDERICK, MD 21703Get Direction
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shonekan
- Should I Go on Birth Control if I Have Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition marked by the growth of the tissues lining the inner part of uterus, towards the outer side of uterus. It is a non-curable condition that affects many women in their reproductive years. It is a very painful disorder and often treated with painkillers and hormone...
- Alternative Treatments for Obesity
Obesity refers to the accumulation of extra body fat than the normal body requirement. If your body mass index (BMI) is above 30, then you are considered as obese. The factors that influence obesity include age, body build, sex, and height.Obesity can be treated without involving medication or...
- Fetal Exposure to Chemotherapy May Not Affect the Development of the Child
A new study has given reassuring results for mothers who are under chemotherapy treatment for cancer. The study results show that fetal exposure to chemotherapy after the first trimester may not cause health problems or developmental delays in the child. In this study published in the journal...
- What Is Syphilis All About?
Sexually transmitted infections are one of the worst forms of infections transmitted from one person to another during sexual contact. There are various ways through which the infection can spread from one person to another, including vaginal sex, oral and anal sex. Sexually transmitted infections...
- Tips to Reduce the Symptoms of PMS
Many women have premenstrual syndrome (PMS) up to 15 days before the beginning of their monthly periods. Approximately 8% to 12% of women complain of these common symptoms that are often considered to be normal in their lifetime. This condition includes a number of physical and emotional...
- What Is the Bariatric Surgery Diet?
Bariatric Surgery is a type of procedure done by well experienced surgeons with the purpose of reducing weight. It is an operation also referred to as weight loss surgery. Bariatric Surgery is mostly performed on people who are obese.How Is Bariatric Surgery Done?Bariatric surgery is a process that...
- Dr. Rae Lynn Kennedy MD670 CHERRY DR HERSHEY PA 17033
- Dr. Sona Jasani M.D.35 HOPE DR HERSHEY PA 17033
- Dr. Michelle Vasko DO500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. John T Repke MD35 Hope Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gerald J Harkins MD670 Cherry Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Pedro Roca M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033