Dr. Hyatt Peter DeGreen D.O.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology500 University Dr H088 Hershey PA, 17033
Hyatt Peter DeGreen, MD, maintains a position with the Lancaster Cancer Center as a hematology and oncology specialist. Dr. DeGreen has over forty years of experience and is additionally affiliated with Lancaster General Hospital and Lancaster Regional Medical Center. He was educated at Ohio State University and participated in an internship with the United States Army. Board certified by the American Board of Internal medicine, he holds certificates in internal medicine, hematology, and oncology. Dr. DeGreen is a professional member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and The American Society of Hematology.
Education and Training
Ohio State University
American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine-Hematology; American Board of Internal Medicine-Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local lecturing and public speaking. -
- Recognized as Top Doctors in US News World Report
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- US Army
- US Army
- US Army
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, The American Society of Hematology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hyatt attributes his success to the continued goal to make a difference, his dedicated staff and family and being an advocate for patients.
- Hyatt started a Healing Journey Not for Profit within the community for his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- time with family, traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Online Journals
Dr. Hyatt Peter DeGreen D.O.'s Practice location
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17605Get Direction
LANCASTER, PA 17602Get Direction
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
Dr. Hyatt Peter DeGreen D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- Dreams Do Come True: 9-year-old Baseball Fanatic Signed Onto Team
Like most young baseball fans, John “Parker” Staples' room is covered in memorabilia from his favorite team, the Washington Nationals, but unlike most kids, Parker's room is at the University of Virginia Children's Hospital.John “Parker” Staples, is nine-year old who was diagnosed with...
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- What Specialists Treat Multiple Myeloma?
If you suffer from multiple myeloma, which a rare form of blood cancer, one of the most crucial decisions you will have to make is choosing a doctor who specializes in multiple myeloma. A hematologist-oncologist is the specialist you need who will manage your cancer throughout the cycle of...
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Dr. Elliot Mark Epner MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Chandra P Belani MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jeffrey Paul Allerton MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jeffrey J. Pu M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Cristina I Truica M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Sulfikar Ibrahim M.D.4 Brandywine Hershey PA 17033