Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation2615 East 16th Street Brooklyn New York, 11235
Certified as Doctor of Philosophy-PhD Academy of Military Medicine Russia 1982; Certified in Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology at Central Oncology Institute of Russia 1992
Alexandre Karatchounov's Videos
Education and Training
S.M. Kirov Military Medical Academy
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture. -
- Golden Scalpel-Best Military Young Scientist of Europe
- Central Navy Hospital-St. Petersburg, Russia; New York University Medical Center Emergency Medicine 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- New York County Medical Society, American Academy of Pain Management, North American Spine Society, American College of Sports Medicine,American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Over 73 Publications; Recent Author of his memoir in Russia
Hobbies / Sports
Alexandre Karatchounov's Practice location
Brooklyn, New York 11235Get Direction
- Tips on Living with Lower Back Pain
There are a variety of causes as to why you are experiencing lower back pain. Back pain may result from underlying health conditions such as connective tissue diseases, which include different types of arthritis, fibromyalgia syndrome, or sciatica (nerve root pain). Lower back pain can also be...
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- The Worst Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Having rheumatoid arthritis means sticking to certain lifestyle practices. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to large-scale inflammation in the body, which typically affects the joints. The condition causes immobility and severe pain as the inflamed joints makes it painful to move. Rheumatoid...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
If you have risk factors for osteoporosis – postmenopausal women with vitamin D deficiency – do not wait until the symptoms are out to get screened. According to statistics, a major contributor for osteoporosis doesn’t have any noticeable symptoms. By the time you have a bone fracture, feel...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Treatments of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a disorder that causes your bones to break down quicker, making you susceptible to fractures and falls. Treatment often includes a combination of medical drugs and lifestyle changes. The best way to prevent the occurrence of osteoporosis is to observe proper medication plans.Bones...
- Dr. Dante Acebo Cubangbang M.D.5123 Queens Blvd Woodside New York 11377
- Dr. Tsai C. Chao M.D.450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn NY 11203
- Mr. Gregory Marcolin P.T3319 Avenue N Brooklyn NY 11234
- Dr. Neil Chatterjee MD1320 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Kioomars Moosazadeh MD2318 31ST ST ASTORIA NY 11105
- Dr. David Perna M.D.10 Union Square East New York NY 10003