Eric A.K. Mayer, MD, is currently on staff at the esteemed Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio. The Cleveland Clinic ranked as one of America's Top 4 Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. A leading physician in his field, Dr. Mayer is an attending physician at 10 locations of the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Mayer has over a decade of experience as a sports and emergency medicine physician, having specific expertise in spine interventional procedures, overall spinal health, and Electromyography. Double certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Mayer speaks internationally at spinal interventions and for coding courses on reimbursement.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University School of Medicine 2001
American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation-Physical Medicine
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR- Sports Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture-Spinal Intervention and Coding Courses on Reimbursement -
- Back Pain
- Harvard University-Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Rush University-General Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic in Spine Medicine and Intervention
Professional Society Memberships
- North American Spine Society, American Medical Association, International Spine Intervention Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Eric attributes his success to listening to his patients and having great mentors along the way.
Hobbies / Sports
- skiing, sailing
Favorite professional publications
- Spine Journal, Journal of the American Medical Association, The Spine Journal
- 10 Hospitals in the Cleveland Clinic System
Dr. Eric A.K. Mayer MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Eric A.K. Mayer MD | Emergency Physician | Sports Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Eric A.K. Mayer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Dr. Neal Jay Klatzko MD18697 Bagley Rd Cleveland OH 44130
- Mr. Brian W Marshall DO863 W Aurora Rd Northfield OH 44067
- Dr. Thomas Naumoff M.D.3909 Orange Pl Beachwood OH 44122
- Dr. Charles L Emerman MD2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Curtis Birchall M.D.27100 Chardon Rd Cleveland OH 44143
- Dr. Joan Papp M.D.14519 Detroit Ave Lakewood OH 44107