Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee is a psychiatrist practicing in Newton, MA. Dr. Mukherjee is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Mukherjee diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Mukherjee may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Mukherjee treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
The Medical School for International Health
Ben Gurion University of The Negev / Faculty of Health Science MD
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local lecturing and public speaking-Teaching at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center -
- Brown University
- Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- Tilottoma attributes her success to her mother who was hard working and very supportive.
Hobbies / Sports
- swimming, walking
Favorite professional publications
- Psychiatric Times
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD's Practice location
LEXINGTON, MA 02420 Get Direction
Providence, RI 02906 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mukherjee
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant St Arlington MA 02476-6535
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D. 310 Washington St Wellesley Hills MA 02481